Its been announced that Ukrainian national broadcaster PBC will independently organise and broadcaster the national selection ”Vidbir 2022”.
At the end of August, we have reported that Ukrainian broadcaster UA:PBC & STB ended their partnership. Private channel STB organised ”Vidbir” in the years 2016 – 2020.
Ukrainian broadcaster UA:PBC has just announced an art competition for the production (creation) of audiovisual works for the creative project.
The winner of the tender will also work on staging the winner’s performance at Eurovision and as a backup TV version if needed by EBU.
Some of the terms of the tender are as follows:
- The national selection shows will be held between the 12th of February 2022 and by the 4th of March 2022.
- Submission window will close on the 24th of October 2021
- Proposals must include suggestions for the selection of performers for national selection
- Proposals must include a suggestion for the format of national selection, selection of jury members and ensuring transparent and fair public voting.
- The production will be responsible for the creation of a backup live-on tape performance for Eurovision 2022
- The production will be in charge of the staging of the acts of national selection and acting at Eurovision 2022.
For full terms can be read here:
Last time winners of Vidbir was GO_A with song ”Solovey” and meant to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2020.GO_A represented Ukraine again in Eurovision 2021 with song ”Shum”