Earlier today, Italian broadcaster RAI published the full regulations of the Italian music festival “Festival Di Sanremo 2022“.
The winner of the festival will represent Italy at Eurovision 2022, in Turin.
The music festival will include 5 evenings, starting on Tuesday (1st of February 2022) and ending on Saturday (5th of February 2022).
Before the festival starts, we will have a competition for newcomers – “Sanremo Giovani 2021“.
The final of “Sanremo Giovani 2021″ will be held on the 15th of December 2021. The top 2 artists will have the right to join “Festival Di Sanremo 2022” as competitors.
22 established Italian artists will be internally selected by the artistic director Amadeus, who will participate in the main festival. Therefore, we would be lucky to see 24 different Italian artists in “Festival Di Sanremo 2022“
Here are the full details:
- No eliminations are planned for the festival. Therefore, all 24 artists will participate in the grand final of the festival.
- On each of the first two evenings, 12 different artists will perform. The results will be determined by jury.
- During the first 2 shows, accredited journalists will be divided into 3 different subgroups: jury from the press and TV, jury from the radio and jury from the web.
- The results of the first 2 evenings will be determined as follows: 34% radio jury, 33% press and TV, jury, 33% web jury.
- The full ranking of the first two shows will be revealed after the 2nd show.
- The debut of “Demoscopica 1000” jury – a group of jury composed of 1,000 members selected according to balanced criteria of age and geographical origin – will vote remotely with an app dedicated to them.
- On the 3rd evening of the festival, all 24 artists will perform their songs.
- The results of the 3rd show will be determined by 50% public vore and 50% “Demoscopica 1000” jury‘s vote.
- After 3 shows, we will have a new ranking of all 24 artists.
- The 4th evening of the festival will be dedicated for covers. All candidates will perform a cover of a song from the Italian repertoire or worldwide classic from the years 1960 – 1989.
- The results of the 4th show will be determined by: 34% for televoting; 33% for the Jury of the Press Room, TV, Radio and Web; and 33% for the Demoscopica 1000
- The average ranking of all 4 nights (all shows besides the final) will create a new ranking of 24 artists.
- On the final evening, the 24 songs in the competition will be voted on by the public through televoting and the average between the percentages of votes obtained in the evening and those obtained in the previous evenings will determine a new ranking of the 24 songs / artists.
- The top 3 artists will face an additional round of voting: 34% for Televote, 33% for jury of the Press TV, radio and Web, and 33% for “Demoscopica 1000” jury.
Who will follow the steps of Måneskin?
Will we see a newcomer winning the festival in 2019?
Will we see any returning artists that have already represented Italy at Eurovision?