Book your calendar, Czech Republic will be the first country to reveal its song for Eurovision 2022!
AS you all know, we will have 2 national selections for Eurovision 2022 in December 2021.
The first 2 countries are Czech Republic and Albania.
Albania will hold the final of “Festivali i Këngës 60” on the 29th of December 2021, Czech Republic will precede Albania.
Czech Republic will choose its act for Eurovision 2022 on Wednesday, the 16th of December 2021.
Here are all the essential details
- According to the Czech broadcaster ČT, the finalists of “ESCZ 2022” will be revealed in a special press conference.
- The press will take place on Sunday, the 6th of December 2021.
- The number of finalists is still unknown, but there will probably be 6-8 acts to take part in the selection.
- The songs will be released on the same day (or on the day after).
- The results will be determined by a combination of 50% internatioanl jury voting, 25% Czech public vote and 25% international public vote.
- Voting will be open between 7th of December 2021 and 15th of December 2021.
- International voting will be available on the official Eurovision Song Contest App.
- The selection show will air on Wednesday, the 16th of December 2021. Participants will record a live version of their songs that will be part of the selection show.
- According to rumors, Eurovision 2018 representative Mikolas Josef is among the artists who submitted a song. Nevertheless, there is no guarantee he has been shortlisted for the final.
The last time the Czech republic held this kind of national selection was in 2020.
Back then, it was Benny Cristo who won “ESCZ 2020“. Unfortunately, Eurovision 2020 was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
In 2021, Benny Cristo was internally selected to represent the country at Eurovision 2021.
He performed the song “Omaga” and ended in 15th place in semi-final 2 with 23 points (and 0 points from the public):
Who will represent the Czech Republic at Eurovision 2021?
Will the country qualify for the final of Eurovision 2022?