Romanian broadcaster TVR has shed more light on the Romanian selection for Eurovision 2022 – “Selecţia Naţională 2022“.
The submission window was open between Friday the 26th of November and Sunday the 19th of December 2021.
94 different artists have submitted songs for the national selection.
This is a record number regarding the previous years.
Moreover, we are learned that almost 40% of the submissions came from a team with Non-Romanian writers, composers, and performers.
Those came from the following countries: Israel, Bulgaria, Croatia, Sweden, Italy, Greece, Spain, Russia and the United Kingdom
Iuliana Marciuc, the project manager of Eurovision Romania in TVR commented:
“I am glad that many artists, Romanian and foreign, have responded positively to the challenge we have launched and I thank them for the trust they have given us. I think that the jury will have a not easy task in the next two days, when it will decide the semifinalists of this year’s edition.
“Soloists and composers who have represented Romania at Eurovision, with experience in this competition, have returned, but we also have new artists, established or less known, who have the opportunity to win a place on the stage of the biggest profile competition in the world . It is a real chance for everyone ““
“Selecţia Naţională 2022” – Full Details
- 5 jury members will reduce the list of submitted songs to 45 only.
- The jury members are Alexandra Ungureanu, Ozana Barabancea, Randi, Cristian Faur, and Adrian Romcescuis
- The 45 shortlisted artists will be announced on Thursday, the 23rd of December 2021.
- The criteria will be sound quality, originality, melody development along with the song, stylistic diversity of the songs in the contest, and vocal interpretation.
- The semi-final of the Selecţia Naţională 2022 will take place between 5th of February 2022 and 12th of February 2022, and has two stages.
- The first stage of the semi-final will take place between 5th of February 2022 and 10th of February 2022. Special jury members will judge the songs. 15 songs will be shortlisted by the jury.
- Each jury member will grand 1-8, 10, 12 points to his/her top 10 songs.
- The second stage of the semi-final will involve televoting. The public will be able to select an additional 5 songs.
- Public voting will be available on the Eurovision Romania Facebook page, between 9th of February 2022 (20.00 o’clock) and 10th of February 2022 (20.00 o’clock).
- On the 12nd of February 2022. the televised semi-final with live performances will take place.
- A special jury panel will judge the songs.
- 10 songs out of 20 will advance to the final.
- The grand final of “Selecţia Naţională 2022” will be held on Saturday the 5th of March 2022.
- The results of the grand-final will be determined by a combination of 50% public vote and 50% jury vote.
Are you excited about the Romanian national selection?
What do you think about the new format of the national selection?
Will Romania qualify for the final after failing to qualify for the grand final in 2018,2019 and 2021?