Portuguese broadcaster RTP has just revealed the official dates of the “Festival da Canção 2022“.
As always, the traditional festival will be used as a mechanism to select an artist and an entry for Eurovision 2022.
- Semi-Final 1 – Saturday the 5th of March 2022
- Semi-Final 2 – Monday the 7th of March 2022
- Grand Final – Saturday the 12th of March 2022
All About “Festival da Canção 2022”
- 20 songs will be included in the festival’s line-up
- 10 artists will compete in each semi-final.
- The results will be determined by 50% national jury and 50% public vote.
- 5 artists will qualify from each semi-final.
- Competing artists and songs will be revealed at a later date.
- Over 600 songs were submitted. 4 songs have been selected from the public path and the other 16 came from 16 composers who have received a special invitation from RTP.
- Composers may sing their entry themselves or compose to the artist that will sing it.
- As in every year, some of the composers will be the performers themselves.
- 20 composers/ song-writers have been in revealed in November 2021.
Semi-Final 1 authors/composers are:
- Fado Bicha
- Joana Espadinha
- Kumpania Algazarra
- The Mister Driver (public submission)
- Tiago Nogueira (Os Quatro e Meia) (public submission)
Semi-Final 2 authors/composers are:
- DJ Marfox
- Fábia Rebordão
- Os Azeitonas
- Pedro Marques (public submission) – he has composed Portugal’s entry at Eurovision 2009
- Pepperoni Passion (public submission)
Who will represent Portugal at Eurovision 2022?
Will Portugal end up again on the left-side of the scoreboard?