It’s the first day of rehearsals. 9 countries will have their first rehearsals session today.
Unfortunately, the rehearsals will be closed and this means that journalists won’t have the chance to watch the full version of them.
Short video snippets will be available on the official Tik-Tok channel of Eurovision
However, we are here to supply all the details we will have:
The schedule is as follows:
|Country||Rehearsal Time||Meet & Greet Time|
|Albania||10:00 – 10:30||12:00 – 12:20|
|Latvia||10:40 – 11:10||12:40 – 13:00|
|Lithuania||11:20 – 11:50||13:20 – 13:40|
|Switzerland||12:00 – 12:30||14:00 – 14:20|
|Slovenia||13:40 – 14:10||15:40 – 16:00|
|Ukraine||14:20 – 14:50||16:20 – 16:40|
|Bulgaria||15:00 – 15:30||17:00 – 17:20|
|The Netherlands||16:00 – 16:30||18:00 – 18:20|
|Moldova||16:40 – 17:10||18:40 – 19:00|
Note: This post will be updated according to the progress of the rehearsals.
It seems like the kionetic sun has movement limitations. In other words, the motor mechanism should be fixed.
#1. 🇦🇱 Albania: Ronela Hajati – “Sekret”
- Ronela has painted her hair pink, which she said will fit the message of the song.
- Ronela is wearing a sparkly bikini and black boots. She also has shiny long nails. The top part of her outfit is a liver bra, while the bottom part is black and transparent.
- She will be accompanied by 4 male dancers (that will appear shirtless) and a very gymnastic female dancer.
- The male dancers are wearing black skirts.
- Most of the time, the lighting is blue.
- Ronela and the female dancer will have some intense and intimate moments together
- Steam jets will create a smoke effect on the stage.
- For the presee conference, Ronela is wearing a green-olive dress with feathers and make-up of the same color.
- When asked about what she brings differently, she mentioned that she comes with a club banger with commercial potential, in contrast to the ballad that Albania used to send in previous years.
- Ronela created the staging concept herself, with the help of the head of the delegation.
- The message of her performance is that everyone can love whoever he/she wants
#2. 🇱🇻 Latvia: Citi Zēni – Eat Your Salad
- Citi Zēni members are wearing colorful suits, just like the pre-parties
- The outfit colors are: green, red, white, yellow and purple.
- The screen presents fruits and vegetables, like avocado.
- The led screen also presents the shape of Rhombus.
- Sun structure plays a role in staging
- There’s no use of pyro, as the band promotes the message of being green.
- The band mentioned that they are trying to give 3 minutes of escapism.
- They mentioned their favourite acts: Italy, Norway, Lithuania, Portugal and Malta
#3. 🇱🇹 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- According to the Head of the Lithunian delegation (Audrius Giržadas), the staging concept will have to change. Due to technical issues, Lithuania will go through a more modest direction of staging.
- Monika will be alone on stage, trying to conquer the viewers with her presence.
- Monika is wearing a sparkling silver dress, similar to the one from the national selection.
- The performance will focus on a variety of camera angles.
- The lighting is namely pink and purple.
- The atmosphere of the song is delivered by the led screen
- A recorded video of Monika dancing can be seen on the backdrop.
#4. 🇨🇭 Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
- Marius is wearing a black outfit.
- As you can guess, he is alone on the stage.
- The staging concept is based on a spotlight and atmospheric light framework.
- According to reports, Marius was excellent vocally.
- As for his song, he said that its message is that crying and feeling expression shouldn’t come with gender definition.
- Marius won’t go barefoot on stage
- Marius marked Switzerland 2019 and Switzerland 2021 as his favourite Swiss entries.
#5. 🇸🇮 Slovenia: LPS – Disko
- LPS members wear classic bordeaux and dark green suits.
- They brought a giant disco ball to the stage.
- The staging is lightened in the colors of orange, gray, white and pink.
- They mentioned that their top 3 Slovenian entries at Eurovision are: 2002 (Sestre), 2011 (Maja Keuc) , and 2019 (Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl)
#6. 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- Rap singer Oleh Psyuk wears a pink traditional hat, as always.
- Ukraine has to change its staging concept in order to deliver it without any political message.
- The led screen includes white and black images and videos.
- We can identify some traditional motifs in the performance as well
- One of the band members wears an outfit in the colors of Germany’s flag: black, red, yellow.
- In general, they wear traditional outfits.
- The singer, who sings the chorus, wears a colorful scarf with a hard black jacket on top a white outfit.
- The kinetic sun lights the stage in the colors of the Ukrainian flag: blue and white.
#7. 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
- Intelligent Music Project gave a sharp rock performance
- The staging includes the use of neon lights and geometrical shapes.
- The staging is black with pyro, yellow- and orange lighting
#8. 🇳🇱 Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
- The Netherlands gave us an emotional alt-pop ballad.
- S10 wears a black fancy long jacket. The jacket is cropped on its front side. She also wears white shoes and black pants.
- S10 stands on a tiny black platform.
- The staging is black with smoke and dramatic lighting. In some cases, the lighting is orange.
- The color of the lighting and the smoke changes along the song: orange, purple and blue.
- S10 said that her goal is that we will be able to embrace each other during hard times.
- She mentioned Albania, Moldova and Italy as her favourites this year.
- We also learned that she has a twin brother.
#9. 🇲🇩 Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețu
- The staging includes a significant mixture of neon lighting and graphics.
- Some of the band members wear white outfits with black prints of train tracks on them.
- Other members wear colorful pants with red shirts
- In the chorus, we can see the band members dancing.
- Moldova has chosen to use the secondary stage as well, somewhere near the waterfall.
- We can see gray rectangles on the led screen, as well as neon lights above the waterfall. In the chorus the words “Let’s Go” are written on the screen.
This is the design of each entry’s introduction this year:
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage