Barely a week has passed since Eurovision 2022, and The Netherlands has already started the search for the successor of S10 (who represented the country at Eurovision 2022).
Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS has announced the opening of the submission window for Eurovision 2023. The submission window opened on May 16th 2022 and will close on August 31st 2022.
The artist and the entry will be selected internally, based on a professional committee.
The Netherlands will continue using the same selection since 2014.
Based on the broadcaster’s announcement, the following conditions will be required:
- The song is convincingly distinctive and meets the above description
- Each artist can send up to 3 different songs
- The Song hasn’t been (commercially) released before 1 September 2022
- The maximum song duration is 3 minutes.
- The broadcaster will give priority to contemporary songs.
- An emphasis will be given on the authenticity of the song.
- Head of Delegation of the Netherlands, Lars Lourenco, will supervise the process
S10 represented The Netherlands at Eurovision 2022 with the Dutch song “De Diepte“.
She ended up in 11th place in the final.