Albanian broadcaster RTSH has just announced the opening of the submission window for the traditional national “Festivali i Këngës“. This year, it will be the 61st edition of the festival.
The official promo for the festival:
The festival will probably be held towards the middle or end of December, close to the Christmas holiday (and that’s why many fans call it Fikmas)
The main regulations are as follows:
- The maximum duration of the song must be no longer than 4 minutes
- Each song should be submitted with the full lyrics
- Each submission should also include an instrumental version.
- The artists, composers, writers, and producers must be mentioned.
- Each submission should include a short biography of the artist, alongside photos.
“Festivali i Këngës” was the Albanian selection process since December 2003 (for their debut in Eurovision 2004).
Albania has not yet confirmed participation in Eurovision 2023, and therefore it is unknown whether “Festivali i Këngës 61″ will also be the national selection for Eurovision 2023.
Ronela Hajati represented Albania at Eurovision 2022 with the upbeat Balkan pop song “Sekret“.
Unfortunately, she failed to qualify for the grand final, ending in 12th place in semi-final 1.