As always, Denmark will choose an artist and a song for Eurovision through the “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix”.
Earlier today, Danish broadcaster DR gave more details about the country’s plans for national selection.
- Songs can be delivered through this link: http://www.dr.dk/grandprix
- The deadline is the 28th of October 2022
- Either the composer, lyricist or performing artist must be a Danish citizen or have a similarly strong connection to Denmark. (Residence in Denmark for a number of years, married or in a relationship with a Dane or similar).
- Danes living in the Faroe Islands and Greenland can also participate
- The maximum song duration is 3 minutes
- Songs mustn’t have been published before.
- Composers and lyricists can participate with several entries.
- There are no restrictions regarding the language of the songs
- DR will consider inviting the Danish music industry to contribute songs to “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023“
- Performers must be at least 16 years of age by April 2023
- The professional jury will listen to all the submitted songs. They will narrow down the list to 8 songs only
- The results will be based on a public vote.
- 100% of singing must be performed live in the show, whilest in Eurovision backing vocals will be allowed
- The national selection will be held on March 2023
Reddi represented Denmark at Eurovision 2022 with the song “The Show”.
They finished in 13th place in semi-final 1
Who would you like to see representing Denmark at Eurovision 2023?
Will Denmark qualify for the final after 2 years of not making the final?