Danish broadcaster DR this morning has announced that Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023 will take place in the city of Næstved, This is the first time that Næstved will host DMGP. The Grand Final will be held at the Arena Næstved, which has a capacity of up to 7,000 people.
The Grand Final of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023 will be held on 11th February 2023.
Gustav Lützhøft, senior editor at DR Kultur, Debat og Musik commented:
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is a proud tradition and a musical folk festival that brings us together across generations and tastes. Therefore, again this year, the ambition is to create a show that brings Danes together at home in their living rooms and that celebrates music and the art of songwriting.
Carsten Rasmussen, Mayor of Næstved added:
We are happy that DR has chosen Næstved as Grand Prix City 2023. If we have to say so ourselves, it is quite obvious, because Næstved is a city with lots of music culture. We have even hatched two Grand Prix winners: From Næstved Musikskole singer and actress Flora Ofelia, who won the children’s Melodi Grand Prix in 2015, and from Næstved Ungdomsskole drummer Ihan Haydar, who won the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix in 2012 and also competed in 2022.
Song Submissions rules are:
- Songs can be delivered through this link: http://www.dr.dk/grandprix
- The deadline is the 28th of October 2022
- The composer, lyricist, or performing artist must be a Danish citizen or have a similarly strong connection to Denmark. (Residence in Denmark for several years, married or in a relationship with a Dane or similar).
- Danes living in the Faroe Islands and Greenland can also participate
- The maximum song duration is 3 minutes
- Songs mustn’t have been published before.
- Composers and lyricists can participate with several entries.
- There are no restrictions regarding the language of the songs
- DR will consider inviting the Danish music industry to contribute songs to “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023. “
- Performers must be at least 16 years of age by April 2023
How the national selection process will work:
The professional jury will listen to all the submitted songs. They will narrow down the list to 8 songs only
The results will be based on a public vote.
100% of singing must be performed live in the show, whilst in Eurovision backing vocals will be allowed
The national selection will be held on 11th February 2023.
Reddi represented Denmark at Eurovision 2022 with the song ‘‘The Show”