Polish broadcaster TVP has opened a submission window for Eurovision 2023.
This time, Poland will select an artist and a song via a national selection.
In addition, details about the selection process were given:
- The submission window will close on the 15th of January 2023 at 22:00 CET
- Performers must be at least 16 years of age by May 2023
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performers can be solo singers or groups with up to 6 members
- The maximum song duration is 3 minutes
- There are no restrictions regarding the song’s language
- Songs that were publicly released before September 1st, 2022, won’t be allowed as submissions
- Songs must not contain any content that discriminates against any social group
- TVP will appoint a Competition Committee of 5 people, including the Chairman of the Competition Committee, for each competition stage. The Competition Commission’s composition may differ at each step of the Competition.
- 10 of the submitted songs will be shortlisted to participate in the national selection by the professional jury.
- The list of finalists will be announced by January 25, 2023.
- It is possible that one of the 10 shortlisted artists will be the artist that will get a special invitation from TVP
- Each of the 10 finalists will be required to supply an official video clip by the 5th of February 2023.
- Each of the 10 finalists will have to design a concept for his/her/their staging in the national final.
- In the final, the results will be determined by 2 rounds of voting. Each one of them will involve 50% public vote and 50% national jury voting.
- Each juror will individually evaluate each performance, distributing points on a scale of 1-10 to all participants of the competition.
- The top 3 artists at the end of the first round will qualify for the second round.
- At the beginning of the second round, the votes will be reset. The jury and public will evaluate the performances once again.
- The nantioal selection will be held of Sunday, the 26th of February 2023
Ochman represented Poland at Eurovision 2022 with the song “River”.
He finished in 12th place in the final
Who would you like to see representing Poland at Eurovision 2023?
Are you happy with the choice of organizing a national selection for Eurovision 2023?