Spanish broadcaster RTVE receives 876 songs for “Benidorm Fest 2023”
Earlier today, the broadcaster came up with big news: The 16 semi-finalists will be revealed on Thursday, the 27th of October 2022
Inés Hernand and Rodrigo Vázquez will be the presenters at the event where some of “Benidorm Fest 2023” alumni will be special guests.
In this special event, we will discover the profiles of each artist, their motivations for presenting themselves at the Benidorm Fest, their musical careers, and some clues about their musical proposal that will be released in the coming months.
The day after RTVE will hold a press conference where different media channels will be able to have the first contact with the artists of Benidorm Fest 2023.
Benidorm Fest 2023 – Recap
- The festival will include 2 semi-finals and a grand final.
- The shows will be held on the 31st of January, the 2nd of February, and the 4th of February 2023.
- This means that Spain will probably be one of the first countries to reveal its song for Eurovision 2023
- 16 artists will be shortlisted to participate. 8 artists will compete in each semi-final, and 4 of them will qualify for the final.
- Despite the Eurovision fans’ reviews, the results method will remain the same as it was for 2022. The results will be determined by a combination of a 50% professional jury, 25% dermoscopic jury, and 25% public vote.
- The festival will take place at the Palau d’Esports L’Illa in Benidorm
- Mónica Naranjo and Inés Hernand will host the festival
Chanel represented Spain at Eurovision 2022 with the song “SloMo“.
She ended up in 3rd place.