It’s been revealed by Spanish broadcaster RTVE that 18 acts will try their luck to represent the nation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
18 acts as follows
Agoney (Participated at OT 2018)
Blanca Paloma (Participated at Benidorm Fest 2022)
Alfred Garcia (Represented Spain at Eurovision 2018)
Famous (Participated in OT 2019)
“Benidorm Fest 2023” – Recap
- The festival will include two semi-finals and a grand final.
- The shows will be held on the 31st of January, the 2nd of February, and the 4th of February 2023.
- This means that Spain will probably be one of the first countries to reveal its song for Eurovision 2023
- 16 artists will be shortlisted to participate. 8 artists will compete in each semi-final, and 4 of them will qualify for the final.
- Despite the Eurovision fans’ reviews, the results method will remain the same as it was for 2022. The results will be determined by combining a 50% professional jury, 25% dermoscopic jury, and 25% public vote.
- The festival will take place at the Palau d’Esports L’Illa in Benidorm
- Mónica Naranjo and Inés Hernand will host the festival.
Channel represented Spain at Eurovision Song Contest 2022 with the song ”SloMo”.She came in 3rd place in the grand final with 459 points.