Czech Republic was one of the countries that made us hold put breathe, wondering whether they will take part at Eurovision 2023.
However, with the revealing of the list of participating countries, it was made clear: The Czech Republic will participate at Eurovision 2023.
The Czech Television has announced the selection process for Eurovision 2023: “ESCZ 2023″
Here are the main details, known to date:
- The submission window opened on the 2nd of November 2022 and will close on the 8th of December 2022.
- Applications can be made though this link.
- Artist can submit multiple songs.
- Tracks can be in the form of demo, final master is not required at this stage.
- Song duration is limited to 3 minutes.
- The songs mustn’t be published before the 1st of September 2022.
- The lead singer must hold a Czech citizenship. In case of duo, at least one of them must hold Czech citizenship
- 3 artists will be chosen to participate in a live TV show – “ESCZ 2023”.
- The results will be determined by a combination of the Czech public, international public (will vote via the Eurovision official app) and professional jury.
We Are Domi represented the Czech Republic at Eurovision 2022 with the song “Lights Off“.
They finished in 22nd place in the final:
Who would you like to see representing the Czech Republic at Eurovision 2023?
Will the country qualify for the final this time?