Due to the Flemish media, and especially the HLN magazine, we can reveal more details of the Belgian selection for Eurovision 2023 – “Belgian Eurosong 2023”.
The host of the national selection will be Peter Van de Veire
Directors from VRT commented:
The artist must be able to perform the song perfectly and want to go for an absolute top performance. In addition, it must be a song with which our country, and therefore also the VRT, could possibly win
VRT hasn’t released all the related information, but we can mention the following:
- 7 artists will participate in the national selection
- 2 of them are quite familiar, while the remaining 5 are artists at the beginning of their career.
- “Eurosong 2023″ is expected to take place between 7th of January 2023 and 14th of January 2023.
- Each one of the artists will perform 3 different songs for the public. One of them will make it to the final.
- Each night on the first 7 night, will be dedicated to one artist only.
- On the final, the 7 artists will perform, one song per an artist.
- It is still unknown how the results will be determined, but it is possible to have a professional jury commenting on the performances, while the public decides.
- National selection will be held at Palace 12, Brussels.
- Duncan Laurence, who won Eurovision 2019, representing The Netherlands, will be part of the professional jury
The identity of the 7 candidated is still unknown.
However, the following names are strong in the mix of rumors:
The Starlings duo is composed by Tom Dice (who represented Belgium at Eurovision 2010 with the song “Me and My Guitar”) and his wife Kato Callebaut
Other names mentioned in the past are:
- DJ Pat Krimson
- Robin Crauwels
- Luka Cruysberghs,
- Pauline Slangen
- Bazart (one of the members is Oliver Symons who represented Belgium at Junior Eurovision 2008)
Official details are expected to be revealed next week!
Who will defend the colors of Belgium at Eurovision 2023?
After 2 years of finishing in the 19th place in the final, will we see any improvement this time?