Earlier today, Sanremo‘s artistic director announced the name of 8 finalists for Sanremo Giovani 2022″ . They will be joined by 4 additional finalists, coming from “Area Sanremo 2022″.
The 8 finalists are:
- gIANMARIA – La città che odi (Eng: The city you hate)
- Giuse The Lizia – Sincera (Eng: Sincere)
- Maninni – Mille Porte (Eng: A thousand doors)
- Mida – Malditè (Eng: Damn / Cursed)
- OLLY – L’anima balla (Eng: The soul dances)
- Sethu – Sottoterra (Eng: Underground)
- Shari – Sotto Voce (Eng: Under the heading)
- Will – Le cose più importanti (Eng: The most important things)
About “Sanremo Giovani 2022”
- 714 songs were submitted by young Italian singers.
- Amadeus shortlisted 43 of the artists to advance for the auditions.
- The above mentioned 8 artists qualified for the final of “Sanremo Giovani 2022”.
- The final of “Sanremo Giovani 2022” will feature 12 artists. It will be held on the 16th of December 2022.
- Top 3 finalists will get a direct path to participate in “Festival Di Sanremo 2023″.
At the end of 2018, Mahmood started his journey in “Sanremo Giovani” and ended up as the Italian representative for Eurovision 2019.
Later on, he finished 2nd in the grand final of Eurovision 2019 with “Soldi”:
Would one of these artists end up at the Italian artist for Eurovision 2023?