As we have reported twice on out weekly “Around The Continent” articles (source 1, source 2), RTSH will have a different approach for the festival this year.
In contrast to previous editions of the festival, the songs won’t be released before the live shows.
The details were officially confirmed by the “Festivali i Këngës 61” host: Arbana Osmani.
During a session of Instagram Q&A, the presenter was asked about the date when the songs will be released.
The presenter answered that we will hear the songs for the first time on the festival.
“Festivali i Këngës 61” – All The Known Details
- The festival will start on Monday, the 19th of December 2022 and will end on the 22nd of December 2022
- The artistic team behind the festival will be: Arbana Osmani (presenter), Bojken Lako, Shpetim Saraçi, Eraldo Rexho and Eduart Grishaj.
- 26 artists will take part in the festival. 16 established artists (that have already participated in the previous editions of the festival), alongside 10 newcomers (young artists and alternative bands):
- 2 Farm (Bandë muzikore) – Atomike (Eng: Atomic)
- Alban Kondi & Lorela Karoshi – Melodi (Eng: Melody)
- Albina Kelmendi – Duje (Eng: You Want)
- Anduel Kovaçi – Malli (Eng: Merchandise)
- Aris Bako – Sonte dua të jem me ty (Eng: Tonight I want to be with you).
- Melodajna Mancaku – Gjysma e zemrës sime (Eng: Half of my heart)
- Elsa Lila – Evita
- Enxhi Nasufi – Burrë (Eng: Man)
- Erma Mici – Kozmosi i dashurisë (Eng: Cosmos of love)
- Evi Reçi – Ma kthe (Eng: Give me back)
- Fabian Basha – Një gotë (Eng: A Glass)
- Fifi (Filloreta Raçi) – Stop
- Franc Koruni – Në pritje (Eng: Waiting
- Genti Hoxha – Ajër (Eng: Air)
- Gjergj Kaçinari – Dje (Eng: Yesterday)
- Luna Causholli – Jetën ta fal (eng: I Forgive Life)
- LYNX – Nëse ke besim (Eng: If you believe)
- Manjola Nallbani – Dua (Eng: I Want)
- Permit of Stay – Fobia (Eng: Phobia)
- Petrit Çarkaxhiu – Emri yt mirësi (Eng: Your name is kindness)
- Rezearta Smaja – N’Eden (Eng: In Eden)
- Rovena Dilo – Motit (Eng: Weather)
- Sara Kapo – Para teje (Eng: Before you)
- Serxhio Hajdini – Vështirë (Eng: Difficult)
- Urban Band – Në çdo hap (Eng: At every step)
- Vanesa Soni – Aroma jonë (Eng: Our Fragrance)
For the first time since 2016, the public will be involved in the festival’s results.
However, the public has had little weight on the results in the past.
This year, the Albanian representative for Eurovision will be selected by 100% public vote (via SMS).
The jury will determine the festival’s results and will grant the main awards:
- 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place
- 1st prize for the best-established artists
- 1st prize for the best young artist and alternative bands
Note: The festival winner (awarded by jury) won’t necessarily be the Albanian representative for Eurovision 2023.
Are you excited about the festival?
Have you marked your calendars already?
How do you feel about the decision of not releasing the songs before the festival?