Albania will continue with their national selection for Eurovision 2023.
Tonight we will be able to watch the third night out of 4.
During the first 2 nights, each one of the artists perform their original songs.
21 of them qualified for the final, as you can read here
At 21:00 CET
The 16 established artists will perform duets with former “Festivali i Këngës” participants
- Lynx & Aleksander Gjoka – “Ecën në shi” (FIK 32, 1993)
- Enxhi Nasufi & Edea Demaliaj – “Mos qaj” (FIK 36, 1997)
- Evi Reci & Rosela Gjylbegu – “Të kërkoj në ëndërrime” (FIK 27, 1988)
- Petrit Çarkaxhiu & Bojken Lako – “Asgjë e largët” (FIK 38, 1999)
- Rezarta Smaja & Luan Zhegu – “A do vish” (FIK 26, 1987)
- Sergio Hajdini & Kamela Islamaj – “Ne ishim tre” (FIK 4, 1965)
- Elsa Lila & Capital T – “Pyes lotin” (FIK 35, 1996)
- Fabian Basha & Eranda Libohova – “Kthehu për vehte për mua” (FIK 35, 1996)
- Rovena Dilo & Soni Malaj – “ANTE” (FIK 39, 2000)
- Franc Koruni & Altin Goci – “Endërrojë” (FIK 30, 1991)
- Fifi & Flori Mumajesi – “Larg u largova” (FIK 32, 1993)
- Albina dhe familja Kelmendi & Josif Gjipalin – “Na lini të jetojmë” (FIK 30, 1991)
- Manjola Nallbani & Eneda Tarifa – “Kur e humba një dashuri” (FIK 32, 1993)
- 2 Farm & Redon Makashi – “Dikur luaja me ndjenjën e saj” (FIK 33, 1994)
- Alban&Lore & West Side Family – “Jehonë” (FIK 47, 2008)
- Gjergj Kacinari dhe Elhaida Dani – “Natën vonë” (FIK 11, 1972)
Neither of the artists will be eliminated tonight.
The artistic-creative team behind the festival:
Arbana Osmani (presenter) – 39-year-old Albanian television presenter and radio personality. She is best known for hosting “The Big Brother Albania“.
Bojken Lako – One of the most established musicians and producers in Albania. He is well known for competing in “Festivali i Këngës” several times in the past. This year he will probably be the musical director of the festival. He is the creator of several successful music platforms for young people.
Shpetim Saraçi – A 52-year-old Albanian composer. He is considered a fan of the festival. Over the years, he has composed several soundtracks for movies.
Eraldo Rexho – An Albanian journalist in RTSH
Eduart Grishaj is a 33-year-old Albanian director, producer, and filmmaker. He is well known for being the director of “The Big Brother Albania“
For the first time since 2016, the public will be involved in the festival’s results.
However, the public has had little weight on the results in the past.
This year, the Albanian representative for Eurovision will be selected by 100% public vote (via SMS).
The jury will determine the festival’s results and will grant the main awards:
- 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place
- 1st prize for the best-established artists
- 1st prize for the best young artist and alternative bands
Note: The festival winner (awarded by jury) won’t necessarily be the Albanian representative for Eurovision 2023.
Are you excited about the festival?
Have you marked your calendars already?
How do you feel about the decision of not releasing the songs before the festival?