Flemish broadcaster VRT has published the song titles of 14 songs in the national selection line-up.
Each one of the 7 artists, will perform 2 songs.
The final will be held on the 14th of January 2023.
Each one of the 7 artists will perform one song only in the final.
The 14 songs in the line up are:
- Ameerah – The Carnival
- Ameerah – Armageddon
- Chérine – Ça m’ennuie pas (From French: I Don’t Mind)
- Chérine – Mon étoile (From French: My Star)
- Gala Dragot – Emotion ollie
- Gala Dragot – t ‘inquiète (From French: Don’t Worry)
- Gustaph – Because Of You
- Gustaph – The Nail
- Hunter Falls – Home
- Hunter Falls – Ooh La La
- Loredana – Dream In Colors
- Loredana – You Lift Me Up
- The Starlings – Oceanside
- The Starlings – Rollercoaster
You can watch and and the listen the snippets in the following video:
“Eurosong 2023” – Full Schedule
Belgium will broadcast 6 daily shows, where the last one will be a live show (the final)
MONDAY, 9TH OF JANUARY, 19:45 CET
- Loredana will perform her 2 songs and will decide which one will be performed in the final.
TUESDAY, 10TH OF JANUARY, 19:45 CET
- Chérine will perform her 2 songs and will decide which one will be performed in the final
- Hunter Falls will perform one of his songs.
WEDNESDAY, 11TH OF JANUARY, 19:45 CET:
- Ameerah will perform her 2 songs and will decide which one will be performed in the final
- Hunter Falls will perform his second song and will decide which one will be performed in the final
THURSDAY, 12TH OF JANUARY, 19:45 CET:
- Gala Dragot will perform her 2 songs and will decide which one will be performed in the final
- Gustaph will perform one of his songs.
FRIDAY, 13TH OF JANUARY, 19:45 CET:
- Gustaph will perform his second song and will decide which one will be performed in the final.
- The Starlings will perform their 2 songs and will decide which one will be performed in the final
SATURDAY, 14TH OF JANUARY:
The grand final. At the end of the show, Belgium will select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2023.
The results will be determined by a 50% professional jury and a 50% public vote.
VRT revealed that 15 music experts be included in the professional jury panel and these are:
- Laura Tesoro (Belgium, Eurovision 2016)
- Jérémie Makiese (Belgium, Eurovision 2022)
- NikkieTutorials (Host Eurovision 2021, The Netherlands)
- Alexander Rybak (2009 Eurovision winner, Norway)
- Laura Govaerts (Presenter MNM)
- Ann Reymen (Presenter Radio 2)
- Korneel De Clercq (Presenter Radio 1)
- Thibault Christiaensen (Presenter Studio Brussels)
- Francisco Schuster (Actor, singer, dancer)
- Leslie Cable (Head of Delegation Eurovision Song Contest RTBF)
- Jasper Van Biesen (Songfestival.be and author 65 years of Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest )
- Stephan Monsieur (President OGAE Belgium)
- André Vermeulen (Retired VRT journalist)
- Els Germonpré (Music Coordinator One)
- Manu Lammens (Music manager MNM)
The first 4 judged will be present in the arena along the show. While the remaining 11 will stay behind the scenes,
They will give expert comment following the live performances.
The jury panel (all 15 members) will grant points that will have a weight of 50% of the final decision.
The mechanism in which the songs will be narrowed down from 14 to 7 was published:
The host of the national selection will be Peter Van de Veire
We have made a song club out of the artists; each artist performs their two songs to the other artists. The rest of the song club then give advice on which of the two songs they think is more suitable for the final. The artist can choose to follow the advice or decide for themselves.
The artists have noticed that they could hand each other victory. That is not so obvious in such a competition
What do you think about the chosen expert jury?
Which snippet excited you the most?
What do you think about the method of selection?