Spanish broadcaster RTVE held a special press conference today where “Benidorm Fest 2023” was discussed.
The host of the press was Eva Mora, the head of the Spanish delegation.
In the press, the semi-final split was announced:
Semi-Final 1: Tuesday the 31st of January
- Agoney – Quiero Arder
- Alice Wonder – Yo Quisiera
- Aritz – Flamenco
- Fusa Nocta – Mi Familia
- Megara – Arcadia
- Meler – No Nos Moverán
- Sharonne – Aire
- Sofía Martín – Tuki
- Twin Melody – Sayonara
Semi-Final 2: Thursday the 2nd of February
- Alfred García – Desde Que Tú Estás
- Blanca Paloma – Eaea
- E’Femme – Uff!
- Famous – La Lola
- José Otero – Inviernos En Marte
- Karmento – Quiero Y Duelo
- Rakky Ripper – Tracción
- Siderland – Que Esclati Tot
- Vicco – Nochentera
You can find the playlists here:
Read our review of the songs here:
About “Benidorn Fest 2023”
- The festival will include 2 semi-finals and a grand final.
- The shows will be held on the 31st of January, the 2nd of February, and the 4th of February 2023.
- This means that Spain will probably be one of the first countries to reveal its song for Eurovision 2023
- 9 artists will perform in each one of the 2 semi-finals.
- Despite the Eurovision fans’ reviews, the results method will remain the same as it was for 2022. The results will be determined by:
- National professional jury = 30%
- International professional jury = 20%
- Public vote = 25%
- Demoscophic vote = 25%
- The festival will take place at the Palau d’Esports L’Illa in Benidorm
- Monica Naranjo, Rodrigo Vazquez will be the main hosts, while Ines Hernand will be the greenroom host
What do you think about the songs in the festival?
Which semi-final is stronger?
Will Spain have another chance to enter the top5 this year?