On the 14th of July 2023, Swiss broadcaster SRF confirmed the country’s participation at Eurovision 2024.
As for every year since 2019, Switzerland will choose the song and the artist for Eurovision via internal selection, and here are the main details as published by SRF
Switzerland’s Plans For Eurovision 2024
- The selection process will be organized as a collaboration of the different broadcasters: RSI (Italian speaking community), RTR (Romansh speaking community), RTS (French speaking community) and SRF (German speaking community).
- The submission window will open on 10th of August and will close of the 24th of August 2023.
- The selection process will be manages in multi-rounds.
- In addition to a Swiss audience jury, international audience juries will now also be involved in several selection rounds.
- Most of the international jury members will be former Eurovision jurors and/or former Eurovision participants. The jury panel will consist of 25 members.
- The national broadcaster is looking for a modern, striking song that complies with international
- All songs that are submitted will be checked and assessed by editors. Songs that do not
- meet the quality standard or do not comply with these regulations will be eliminated.
- Songs may be submitted with words in any language.
- SRG SSR can, at its discretion, ask for the production or lyrics of the song to be modified for
- quality reasons and it has sole decision-making authority in this respect.
- Songs may also be submitted for which a performer has not yet been identified. However,
- in such a case the application must include a demo voice singing the song.
- If two entrants score equal points, preference will be given to performers who are Swiss citizens or who are resident in Switzerland. However, nationality is not a deciding factor and does not prohibit anyone from entering a song.
Remo Forrer represented Switzerland at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Watergun”.
He ended up in 20th place, with a total of 92 points.
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024 includes: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Estonia, Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Serbia, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, and Ukraine
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024