For the third year in a row, “Benidorm Fest” will be used to select the song and the artist for Eurovision.
“Benidorm Fest 2024” – Statistics About The Submissions
- According to the Spanish broadcaster RTVE, a record of 825 entries were submitted for “Benidorm Fest 2024” via web form.
- Around 200 of those songs were submitted in the last 24 hours of the submission period.
- 23 of the songs were written in the song writing camp, organized last September by RTVE.
- This year, the rate of songs in co-official languages like: Aranese, Basque, Catalan, Galician, and Castilian
- As a comparison, 455 entries were sent to RTVE (via the web) in last year.
- This year, all songs were submitted with the proposed singer, in contrast to last year.
- The submissions for “Benidorm Fest 2024” excelled in a variety of genres, like: reggaeton, trap, urban and electronic music, genres that were not predominant in previous years.
- A combination of established and emerging artists can be found among the list of submissions.
“Benidorm Fest 2024” – Known Details
- 16 artists will be shortlisted to participate in the festival. 8 of them will compete in each semi-final.
- “Benidorm Fest 2024” will feature 2 semi-finals and a final.
- Each show will be determined by:
- 50% international and national jury
- 25% public votes
- 25% demographic jury, representing different parts of the population.
- “Benidorm Fest 2024″ semi-finals will be held on the 30th of January 2024 (Tuesday) and the 1st of February 2024 (Thursday). The grand final will be held on Saturday, the 3rd of February 2024.
- The list of participating artists will be revealed during the Latin Grammy Awards in Seville, on the 11t of November 2023.
- Pablo Cebrián, Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson and David Martínez (Rayden) will be the music advisors of the festival. Part of their work has focused on carrying out a direct search for talent with artists and record labels in an attempt to better understand the “Benidorm Fest” project and to attract the greatest possible talent.
Blanca Paloma represented Spain at Eurovision 2023.
She performed the song “Eaea” and ended up 17th in the grand final:
Who would you like to see representing Spain at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official