HRT, the Croatian national broadcaster, announced a few weeks ago that the national final “Dora” will come back this year to select their representative for Eurovision 2019.
Dora se vraća po prvi puta nakon 2011. godine!
— Dora – HRT (@HrtDora) October 30, 2018
16 songs have been chosen from a total of 170 songs submitted. the songs qualify for the next round were chosen by a jury consists Croatia 2001 representative, the singer Vanna, Željen Klašterka, Igor Geržina, Ante Pecotić, Zlatko Gall, Zlatko Turkalj and Antonija Šola. Šola almost won Dora 2008 as her entrance came to tie break with Kraljevi Ulice & 75 Cents that won and flew to Belgrade.
The 16 entries are:
- Elis Lovrić – All I Really Want (E. Lovrić – E. Lovrić – E. Lovrić/O.Dešić)
- Luka Nižetić – Amorero Brutarero (B. Mihaljević – M. Mihaljević – B. Mihaljević)
- Gelato Sisters – Back To The Swing (T. Hrelec – T. Hrelec – T. Hrelec)
- 4 tenora – Brod Bez Imena (E. Botrić/M. Šimac – M. Šimac – E. Botrić)
- Beta Sudar – Don’t Give Up (P. Martinjak – P. Martinjak/M. Johansson – P. Martinjak)
- Bernarda Bruno – I Believe In True Love (D. Rapotec Ute – T. Bon/B. Brunović – D. Rapotec Ute)
- Domenika – Indigo (T. Huljić – V. Huljić – L. Škaro/T. Huljić)
- Manntra – In The Shadows (M. Matijević Sekul/M. Kolarić/B. Kolarić – M. Kolarić/M. Matijević Sekul/B. Kolarić – M. Matijević Sekul)
- Jure Brkljača – Ne Postojim Kad Nisi Tu (M.D. Rus – M.D. Rus – M.D. Rus/M. Blum)
- Ema Gagro – Redemption (A. Björkman/A. Pupavac/K. Persson/E. Gagro – A. Pupavac – A. Björkman/A. Pupavac/K. Persson/E. Gagro)
- Lea Mijatović – Tebi Pripadam (I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić – I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić – I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić)
- Lidija Bačić Lille – Tek Je Počelo (D. Dumančić – Fayo – B. Đurđević)
- Jelena Bosančić – Tell Me (J. Bosančić – J. Bosančić – J. Bosančić/A. Devčić/H. Domazet)
- Lorena Bućan – Tower of Babylon (T. Huljić – V. Huljić/I. Huljić –L. Škaro/T. Huljić)
- Roko Blažević – The Dream (J. Houdek – J. Houdek/C. Mason/A. Čubrić – I. Škunca/F. Gjud)
- Bojan Jambrošić i Danijela Pintarić – Vrijeme Predaje (A.T. Eterović – L. Čeči Baksa – A.T. Eterović)
another 2 songs were chosen as rezerve for any case scenario, these are:
- Tonka – Dont Say You Love Me (S.S. Skansi – S.S. Skansi/A. Šerić – S.S. Skansi)
- Kim Verson – NISAM TO ŠTO ŽELE (K. Verson – K. Verson – S. Pasarić)
Dora 2019 will take place on February 16th, 2019, at the Marino Cvetković Sports Hall in Opatija. The winner will be chosen by the audience and the jury in a 50/50 ratio. In case of a tie, the vote of the audience will be decisive.
HRT wants the new Dora to be visually powerful, modern and attractive, displaying the style and flair of Eurovision. the show also can be followed this time on the broadcast social media’s
Do you have a favorite yet? Share with us your thoughts on ESCBEAT social media