Roko Blažević has won Dora 2019 and will represent Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Tel Aviv with the song “The Dream”.
Croatia brought back Dora festival after 9 years of internal selection. The show from beautiful Opatija was hosted by Mirko Fodor, Iva Šulentić and Jelena Glišić and 16 songs battled for the golden ticket to Tel-Aviv
Tonight’s winner was decided 50/50 by 10 regional juries and a televote. After the votes were cast, these are the final results:
- 01 – Bojan Jambrošić i Danijela Pintarić – Vrijeme predaje (10th Place)
- 02 – Jelena Bosančić – Tell Me (16th Place)
- 03 – Kim Verson – Nisam to što žele (15th Place)
- 04 – Jure Brkljača – Ne postojim kad nisi tu (8th Place)
- 05 – Beta Sudar – Don’t Give Up (9th Place)
- 06 – Lea Mijatović – Tebi pripadam (14th Place)
- 07 – Gelato Sisters – Back To That Swing (11th Place)
- 08 – Luka Nižetić – Brutalero (3rd Place)
- 09 – Elis Lovrić – All I Really Want (7th Place)
- 10 – Domenica – Indigo (13th Place)
- 11 – Roko – The Dream WINNER
- 12 – Ema Gagro – Redemption (5th Place)
- 13 – Lidija Bačić Lille – Tek je počelo (12th Place)
- 14 – Lorena Bućan – Tower of Babylon (2nd Place)
- 15 – Bernarda Bruno – I Believe In True Love (6th Place)
- 16 – Manntra – In The Shadows (4th Place)
The show tonight also had guest performances by past Eurovision stars Vanna, represented Croatia in 2001, 2003 junior Eurovision winner Dino Jelusić and last years representative Franka. In Lisbon 2018, Franka Batelić sang “Crazy” in Lisbon but she didn’t succeed to qualify for the final. this year, Croatia will participate in the second half of semi-final 2 on May 16th.
2 days ago, Roko shared with his Instagram followers his dream of performing on the Eurovision stage, and lucky for him, 2019 is the year when we all Dare To Dream and he made it!
Behind Roko’s entry stands a Jacques Houdek and Charlie Mason well known for the Eurovision fans. Jacques Houdek represented Croatia in Eurovision in Kiev 2017 with “My Friend” ranked 13th in final, and Charlie Mason, was behind many Eurovision entries in the past like Conchita’s 2014 winning song “Rise Like A Phoenix”, Maraaya’s “Here For You” (Slovenia 2015, 14th place in the final), and Bojana Stamenov’s “Beauty Never Lies” (Serbia 2015, 10th place in the final)
See You In Tel-Aviv Roko
Follow Escbeat on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Spotify & AppleMusic to enjoy all the latest tunes from our ESC artists