Romanian broadcast TVR held tonight the grand final of “Selecția Națională” and choose “Ester Peony – On a Sunday” as the Romanian entry for Tel-Aviv.
The winner was decided by 50/50 rate of public televote and an international jury consisting of composer Alex Calancea, Israeli show producer Tali Eshkoli, Wiwibloggs journalists William Lee Adams and Deban Aderemi, producer Șerban Cazan and Eurovision Song Contest 2013 winner, Singer Emmelie de Forest that will also perform as the interval act of the night. Also took a part in tonight’s interval act 2018 Israeli winner Netta.
Tonight’s 12 hopefuls qualified from the two semi finales round are:
- 01 – Linda Teodosiu – Renegades
- 02 – Olivier Kaye – Right Now
- 03 – Laura Bretan – Dear Father
- 04 – Teodora Dinu – Skyscraper
- 05 – Claudiu Mirea – We Are The Ones
- 06 – Aldo Blaga – Your Journey
- 07 – Ester Peony – On a Sunday
- 08 – Letiţia Moisescu & Sensibil Balkan – D A I N A
- 09 – Bella Santiago – Army Of Love
- 10 – Trooper – Destin
- 11 – Dya & Lucian Colareza – Without You (Sin Ti)
- 12 – Vaida – Underground
After all votes have been calculated, it was announced “On a Sunday” by Ester Peony will raise the Romanian flag in Tel-Aviv. Ester Penny won the jury votes and got 3 points from the televote prefer gave their 12 points to Laura Bretan “Dear Father”
What do you think about the Romanian entry to Tel-Aviv? Romania was drawn to participate in the first half of the second semi-final on May 16th, 2019.