RTVSLO the Slovenian broadcaster has revealed more details regarding the EMA’s new wildcard process called EMA FREŠ.
EMA FREŠ will start on November 4th and will run for 5 weeks. In the contest will battle 18 artists that are younger than twenty-six-years-old and haven’t released more than three commercial singles. Among the 18 acts participating in the contest, 2 will continue their journey in the adults round of EMA.
The 18 acts the will battle in EMA FREŠ duels are:
- Alfirev – Črno bela lika
- Marmoris – Moj pristan
- Astrid in Avantgarden – Sing To Me
- Klarity – Diham
- Lana Hrvatin – Dream
- Ljudmila Frelih – Vztrajaj, ker je vredno
- Marko Škof – Hočem da je vse kot prej
- Martina – Pleši
- Nuša Pliberšek – Življenje je čarovnija
- Parvani Violet – Cupid
- Petra Ceglar – Srce naglas
- Pia Nina – Tukaj in zdaj
- Sara Petešič – Sanjaj / Dream
- Saška – Še kar lovim tvoj nasmeh
- Soulution – Bil bom s teboj
- Stella – Ne vem, če sem v redu
- Tilen Lotrič – Jaz in ti
- Younite – The Cure
The song submission for EMA 2020 is still open and you can send your entries through RTVSLO website here:
Last year Kralj & Gašper Šantl won the Slovenian national final EMA with “Sebi.” Later on, when they played the song in Expo Tel-Aviv venue, they qualify for the final and ranked 15th with scoring a total of 105 points.