Iceland held tonight its national final “Söngvakeppnin 2020”
Five acts took the stage one by one in order to win the honor to represent the country at the 65th Eurovision Song Contest In Rotterdam.
The line-up included the following acts:
- P 20 IS – 01 – Ísold & Helga – Meet Me Halfway
- P 20 IS – 02 – Daði and Gagnamagnið – Think About Things
- P 20 IS – 03 – Nína – Echo
- P 20 IS – 04 – Iva – Oculis Videre
- P 20 IS – 05 – DIMMA – Almyrkvi
At the first round, after all the acts have performed the hosts announced the Two acts qualified for the super final:
- Daði and Gagnamagnið – Think About Things
- DIMMA – Almyrkvi
The qualifiers had taken the stage top to perform their entries for the second time followed by an interval act of last year’s representative HATARI. later, by a decision of the Icelandic public only and it was announced that tonight”s winner is Daði and Gagnamagnið and they will sing “Think About Things” for Iceland at Eurovision2020. this is the second time that Daði Freyr participates in Söngvakeppnin. the previous time was back in 2017 where his song “Is This Love?” finished second.
Iceland will participate in the first half of the second semi-final on May 14th, 2020
Listen to the songs: