According to an official announcement of the Slovenian broadcaster RTV SLO, Slovenia will hold a national selection for Eurovision 2021.
The singer Ana Soklič has been internally selected to represent the country at Eurovision 2021, after she had won “EMA 2020” – the national selection for Eurovision 2020.
Eurovision 2020 was cancelled and therefore Ana hasn’t got the chance to perform her song on the Eurovision stage.
Ana should has performed the song “Voda” (Eng: Water)
About the selection process and EMA 2021
1. A record number of 191 songs have been submitted to the Slovenian broadcaster for Eurovision 2021. The list has already been reduced to a shorter one.
2. In the coming days, Ana Soklič and professional jury panel will narrow the lists of songs. They will probably choose 3 songs.
3. There is a possibility that thereafter 1-2 additional songs will be added to the list.
4. “EMA 2021” will be held on Saturday the 27th of February 2021. In the show, the public will choose their favorite song among 3-5 suggested songs.
5. Yugoslavia have started participating at Eurovision in 1961. Therefore, 2021 will be the 60th year of participation at Eurovision for Slovenia (as part of former Yugoslavia). The broadcaster will mark that event in the national selection itself.
Slovenia will compete in the first half of Semi-final 1 of Eurovision 2021 on the 18th of May 2021.
If Ana qualifies for the final, she will also compete in the grand final on the 22nd of May 2021.
You can find all the relevant information at our Eurovision 2021 homepage: