Tornike Kipani meant to represent Georgia at Eurovision 2020 with song ”Take Me As I Am”. Georgian broadcaster decided to internally send Tornike Kipani to represent Georgia again to Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
It was released that Tornike will sing ”You” at Eurovision Song Contest 2021 and here are some details about ”You”.
- Tornike Kipiani will sing a song called „You“ at Eurovision. The song is mix of rock, pop-rock and blues-rock. Meanwhile, the lyrics of the entry are about the universal topic of love.
- Tornike wrote and composed “You” himself. The Georgian star then arranged the song in in Bravo Records Studio alongside Aleko Berdzenishvili. In addition to Tornike’s vocals, the Gori Girls’ Choir, Aleko Berdzenishvili, Marian Shengelia and Mariko Lezhava also took part in the recording of the song.
- The music video of “You” has been directed by Temo Kvirkvelia. Filming for the video took place in a number of different locations. Ballet dancer Mariam Aleksidze choreographed a dance especially for the music video and her troupe will feature in the video. The design of the dancers’ costumes was done by Keti Chkhikvadze.
- Tornike’s stage performance at Eurovision 2021 will be directed by Emilia Sandquist – she was previously set to be the stage director for Tornike last year as well. Emilia is an international creative who has dreamed up successful performances in the past for Swedish artists at Melodifestivalen. She is also a member of the Jean Baptiste Group.
- The song will be released in March 15.
Eurovision Song Contest released small teaser for ”You”.
It was announced that on March 15th at 13:30 CET entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2021 will be released.
Georgia is set to participate at 2nd half of Semi Final 2 at Eurovison Song Contest 2021.
You can find all the relevant information on our Eurovision 2021 homepage: