Earlier today, Polish broadcaster TVP released a statement regarding the plans of the country for Eurovision 2022.
According to TVP, the artist and the song for Eurovision 2022 will be selected through an internal selection – “KRAJOWE ELIMINACJE” (Eng: National Eliminations).
In fact, Poland has opened the submission window for artists and songs today!
The submission window opened today (the 20th of September 2021) and will end on November 20, 2021, at 22.00.
Here are the main regulations
- Soloists and music groups (up to 6 people) are welcome to apply
- The chosen Polish artist will be revealed on the Sunday, the 2nd of January 2022.
- Artists must be at least 16 years of age before May 1.
- All submitted songs shouldn’t have been published before.
- Each song should be no longer than 3 minutes.
- There’s no language limitation.
- It is recommended that the Performers entered into the Competition take part in writing the text and composing the song.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TVP will appoint a Competition Committee composed of 5 people, including the Chairman.
- The selection will be determined by 2 stages.
- Each committee member will have the right to choose 3 songs out of the submitted songs.
- Each committee member has the right to add another singer that hasn’t directly qualified for the second stage.
- In the second stage, 3-15 artists will compete on the right to represent the country at Eurovision 2022.
- Each committee member will rank each one of the shortlisted songs in the range of 1-10.
- The song with the highest total score will be the Polish entry for Eurovision 2022.
- In the case of the tie, the deciding vote belongs to the Chairman of the Competition Committee.
- Therefore, the Polish act for Eurovision 2022 will be determined solely by a professional jury, and not by the audience.
- TVP saves itself the right to cancel the selection in any time.
Who will carry the Polish flag in Italy? Will Poland qualify for the grand final, after 3 years in a row of non-qualifying?
In Eurovision 2021, Poland was represented by RAFAŁ with the song “The Ride“.
He finished 14th in the semi-final:
We currently have 33 countries that have been confirmed for Eurovision 2022 and these are:
Italy (Host City):