Latvian national selection ”Supernova” returns after 1 year absence and it’s time to choose the next Latvian hopeful who will represent the country. at Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Song and Artist submissions are open on 7th October 2021 and will close on 7th December 2021.
Here are the main regulations for the selection:
- Soloists, duos and groups of up to 6 people can apply.
- Each soloist or group member should be at least 16 years of age on the 1st of December 2021.
- Only citizens of Latvia and permanent residents of Latvia can apply.
- Foreign musicians may only participate if they are producers with up to 33.33% authorship distribution.
- The submission period will close on the 7th of December 2021.
- The submitted songs have not been published on any publicly available platforms or played (also in live performance) at public events before September 1, 2021.
- The maximum song length is 3 minutes.
- A professional jury panel will estimate and rank the submitted songs. They will base their estimates on: arrangement, message of the song, compliance with modern market trends, potential to compete in the international pop music market, vocational abilities, personality of the performer;
- The titles of the entries selected by the jury and included in the next round, including the Song Authors, will be published by LTV in December 2021.
- The final of the competition “Supernova 2022” will take place in February 2022;
- The selection process (or in fact “Supernova 2022” format) will be revealed in January 2022.
- According to unofficial sources, 16-24 songs will be shortlisted for the second round
You can submit the song here:
Samanta Tina won “Supernova 2020” with the song ”Still Breathing” and was meant to represent Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.She represented Latvia at Eurovision 2021 with the song ”The Moon is Rising”.