Earlier today, we came across more details about the Czech selection for Eurovision 2022.
Kryštof Šámal (the head of the Czech delegation) revealed the details on the Eurovision Song Contest Czech Republic Facebook page
- 7 Artists will take part in the national selection.
- Among the participants we’ll be able to see: 4 female singers, 2 male singers and a duo composed of a man and a woman
- There are plenty of genres in the line-up: from emotional ballads to heavy rock with electric guitar songs.
- All participants recorded their performances in the form of half-playback “live” (live main vocals, background music playback).
- The pre-recorded performance will help us to decide which song is the suitable one for Czech Republic.
- For the first time in years, we will be able to see a staging concept for the different acts in the Czech selection for Eurovision!
- The results will be determined by a combination of 50% internatioanl jury voting, 25% Czech public vote and 25% international public vote. All public results will be free and will be available through a web interface as well.
Format and New Details
- According to the Czech broadcaster ČT, the finalists of “ESCZ 2022” will be revealed in a special press conference.
- The press will take place on Sunday, the 6th of December 2021 at 13:00 CET (and local Czech Time).
- The songs will be released on the same day (or on the day after).
- The results will be determined by a combination of 50% internatioanl jury voting, 25% Czech public vote and 25% international public vote.
- Voting will be open between 7th of December 2021 and 15th of December 2021.
- International voting will be available on the official Eurovision Song Contest App.
- The selection show will air on Wednesday, the 16th of December 2021. Participants will record a live version of their songs that will be part of the selection show.
- According to rumors, Eurovision 2018 representative Mikolas Josef is among the artists who submitted a song. Nevertheless, there is no guarantee he has been shortlisted for the final.
The last time the Czech republic held this kind of national selection was in 2020.
Back then, it was Benny Cristo who won “ESCZ 2020“. Unfortunately, Eurovision 2020 was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
In 2021, Benny Cristo was internally selected to represent the country at Eurovision 2021.
He performed the song “Omaga” and ended in 15th place in semi-final 2 with 23 points (and 0 points from the public):
Who will carry the flag for the Czech Republic in Italy in May 2022?
Will it be a returning artist?
Will one of the participants of “ESCZ 2022” have participated in “ESCZ” before?