According to the EurovisionFun website, you can learn more details about North Macedonia‘s plans for Eurovision 2022.
On the 10th of December, we reported that North Macedonian broadcaster MRT will hold a national selection for Eurovision 2022.
- The song should not be longer than 3 mins and has not been announced or publicly performed.
- Performers and authors must be citizens of the Republic of Northern Macedonia.
- If one of the authors is outside of North Macedonia, the team must consist of at least one North Macedonian citizen.
- Up to 6 artists will participate in the national selection
- The submission window will close on the 16th of January 2022
North Macedonia Selection – New Details
The format of the show will be similar somehow to the one used for “ESCZ 2022” (Czech selection for Eurovision 2022). The participants won’t perform live on stage. They will be shown performing their songs on “Live on Tape” recorded versions.
This might be related to the Covid restrictions.
North Macedonia will return for the first time since it was last used in 2015.
The selection show will probably be named “Eurosong”, as in 2005 and 2006.