Yesterday, Montenegrin broadcaster RTCG officially revealed that the 35 year old singer Vladana will represent the country at Eurovision 2022.
Yesterday, the singer gave an interview to RTCG where she talked about her intended song for Turin.
The new details are:
- The name of the song will be “breathe“.
- The song is an emotionally powerful hymn ballad whose lyrics are in English language only.
- Vladana and her team will consider recording 2 additional versions: one in the native language of the other and one in Italian. The second will be for promotion and to share the honor for the host country.
- She wrote the lyrics herself, about a personal event that her family experienced in 2021.
- The composer of the song is Darko Dimitrov from North Macedonia. He has already composed and wrote some Eurovision entries like: North Macedonia (2006, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020), Serbia (2018, 2019, 2021), Albania (2015, 2020).
- According to the team behind the song, the melody is based on piano playing and cinematic atmosphere.
- Due to financial difficulties, Montengro’s budget for Eurovision 2022 will be about 28,000 euros. Therefore, we can expect a simple but effective staging concept.
- The song will probably be revealed in February 2022.
What are your thoughts about Montenegro’s choice for Eurovision 2022?
Are you happy (like us) that the country has decided to send a female solo artist for the first time since 2009?
You’re welcome to read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage