As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
As we get closer to the time of “Australia Decides 2022″, more details are revealed.
Several artists are competing for the last spot in the selection, which will be given through a Tik-Tok wildcard.
One of the contenders is Leea Nanos (who competed in “Australia Decides 2019″)
Tik-Tok competition ends on Sunday 16th of January 2022 at 11:59PM (AEST).
German website ESC Kompakt claims 4 potential acts to represent Austria at Eurovision 2022 are:
ORF will make the final decision very soon. we will likely have the name of the Austrian artist by the end of January 2022
HRT has revealed that “Dora 2022” will be held in the city of Opatija, in the 19th of February 2022
“Eesti Laul 2022” Semi-Finals Draw Has Been Determined (pay attention: not running order)
Semi-Final 1 (Thursday, 3rd of February 2022)
[By alphabatical order]
- Alabama Watchdog – Move On [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
- Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia – Mis nüüd saab (Eng:What Now?) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Elina Nechayeva – Remedy [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
- ELYSA – Fire [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Helen – Vaatu minu poole (Eng: Look at Me) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Kaia-Liisa Kesler – Vaikus (Eng:Silence) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Merilin Mälk – Little Girl [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Ott Lepland – Aovalguses (Eng: In The Light) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Stig Rästa – Interstellar [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Triin Niitoja & Frants Tikerpuu – Laululind (Eng: Songbird) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
Semi-Final 2 (Saturday, 5th of February 2022)
[By alphabatical order]
- Anna Sahlene – Champion [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
- Black Velvet – Sandra [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Boamadu – Mitte kauaks (Eng: Not For Long) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui Vaid (Eng: If Only) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Jyrise – Plaksuta (Eng: Claps) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Maian – Meeletu (Eng: Crazy) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – What To Make Of This [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Púr Múdd & Shira – Golden Shore [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Stefan – Hope [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
Each semi-final will have 2 rounds of voting.
The first round will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury vote.
The top 3-4 acts in the combined results will get a direct path for the final.
The remaining 6-7 acts will face a second round of voting that will be based on public voting only.
At the end of each semi-final, 5 artists will qualify for the final.
The semi-finals hosts will be Maarja-Liis Ilus & Priit Loog.
Maarja-Liis Ilus represented Estonia at Eurovision 1996 and 1997.
You’re welcome to read out the full review of the semi-finalists song
YLE revealed 7 competing artists in “UMK 2022“. Artists revealed alongside their song titles and date of song releases:
- Cyan Kicks – Hurricane (Thursday, 13th of January 2022)
- BESS – Ram pam pam (Friday, 14th of January 2022)
The Rasmus – Jezebel (Monday, 17th of January 2022)
- Younghearted – Sun Numero (Tuesday, 18th of January 2022)
- Olivera – Thank God I’m An Atheist (Wednesday, 18th of January 2022)
- Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa mua (Eng: Life carries me) (Thursday, 20th of January 2022
- Isaac Sene – Kuuma jäbä (Eng: Hot Ice) (Friday, 21st of January 2022)
The songs will be revealed one by one each day.
The show will be held on Saturday, 26th of February 2022.
The results will be determined by 50% public voting and 50% international jury
Based on the bid that was published by Bildergarten Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG company (that will produce the German selection), we can learn that the German selection “Unser Lied für Turin“ will take place in March 2022 in Berlin.
Meanwhile, here is the list of rumored artists:
- Eskimo Callboy – Pump It
- IZZA – Easier
- KLAN – Fiebar
- Marie Reim – Illusion
- Paula Dolle Corta – Clearer Now
- Samuel Rösch – Gstern
RÚV has changed the dates of “Söngvakeppnin 2022”:
- Saturday, 5th of February 2022 – Songs and artists revealing
- Saturday, 26th of February 2022 – “Söngvakeppnin 2022” Semi-Final 2
- Saturday, 5th of March 2022 – “Söngvakeppnin 2022” Semi-Final 2
- Friday, 11th of March 2022 – Family Show / Jury Show (won’t be broadcast)
- Saturday, 12th of March 2022 – “Söngvakeppnin 2022” Grand Final
“Söngvakeppnin 2022” – Full Details
- RÚV have receieved a total of 158 songs for the selection.
- 10 artists will compete in the national selection this year.
- 5 artists have been chosen out of public submissions. 5 others have been chosen among established song writers who were directly contacted by RÚV.
- 5 artists will compete in each semi-final. The results of each semi-final will be determined by public vote only. 2 artists will advance to the final.
- There’s a possibility that the jury will give a wild-card to one of the non-qualifiers.
- The shows will be held in a new location, in the so-called Singing Competition Hall, which is in the RVK Studios in Gufunes.
- 5 artists will compete in the grand final. In the first round, the results will be determined by 50% jury voting and 50% public voting.
- In the “Super-Final”, the top 2 artists will compete while the results will be determined solely by the public.
The top8 remaining candidated in “X Factor Israel” are:
- Inbal Bibi (Girls team)
- Sapir Saban (Girls team)
- Eli Huli (Boys team)
- Michael Ben David (Boys team)
- Anna Stefanie (Girls team)
- Ilay Elmakayas (Youngs team)
- Shahar Adawi (Boys team)
- Linet (Groups and Over 30 years old)
On Sunday, the 8 artists will compete in 4 duels. The 4 winners will get a direct path to the semi-finals. Meanwhile, the 4 losers will fight for additional 2 spots in the semi-finals
Earlier this week, rehearsals for “Sanremo 2022” began:
Francesca Michielin also published on her Facebook page that she will be conducting Sanremo‘s orchestra during Emma‘s performance:
In addition, the Eurovision 2022 semi-finals allocation draw ceremony will take place at the Palazzo Madama on the 25th of January 2022
As we reported last week, 16 participants have already guaranteed their place in “Supernova 2022“.
The 17th semi-finalist will be chosen as a wild-card. The 10 optional candidates for the wild-card are:
- Antra Stafecka and Atis Ieviņš – “Call the Lights”
- Dārta Stepanova – “Brīnumzeme” (Wonderland)
- Edvards Strazdiņš – “Open Road”
- Katrīna Dimanta – “My Voice” [represented Latvia at Eurovision 2014, and competed in “Supernova 2022“]
- Marta Ritova – “Let Me Go”
- Mārtiņš Strods – “One More Time”
- Miks Galvanovskis – “I’m Just A Sinner”
- Rihards Bērziņš – “1+1”
- Tētis – “Labākie vārdi”
- Toms Kalderauskis – “Naked smile”
Online voting will close on 14th January 2022 at 11:59 pm local time.
Audio versions are available here
This Saturday night, LRT will hold the second heat of “Pabandom iš naujo 2022”.
11 artists will fight on 6 spots in the semi-finals:
- Viktorija Kajokaitė – Piece of the universe
- Gabrea – Make it real.
- Clockwork Creep – Grow
- Emilija Katauskaitė – Illuminate
- Justė Kraujelytė – How To Get My Life Back
- Titus and Benas – “Getting Through This”
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – I’ll be there
- Queens of Roses – Washing machine
- Cosmic Bride – The Devil Lives in Spain
- Justin 3 feat. nanaart – Something that is natural
- Moosu X – Love That Hurts
Last week, 6 other artists qualified for the semi-finals:
- Erica Jennings – “Back to myself” (1st place)
- Augustė Vedrickaitė – ”Before you’re 6 ft under” (2nd place)
- Urtė Šilagalytė – ”Running Chords” (3rd place)
- Joseph June – ”Deadly” (4th place)
- Mary Mo – ”Get Up” (5th place)
- Elonas Pokanevič – ”Someday” (6th place)
The full results can be found here
Maltese selection “MESC 2022” will take place on the 17th of February 2022 and on the 19th of February 2022.
22 artists will take part in this year’s selection, but only 16 of them will qualify for the final.
- Nicole Hammett – A Lover’s Heart
- Jessica Grech – Aphrodisiac
- Janice Mangion – Army
- Denise Mercieca – Boy
- Matt BLXCK – Come Around
- Baklava Ft Nicole – Electric Indigo
- Sarah Bonnici – HEAVEN
- Richard Micallef – Hey Little
- Norbert Bondin – How special you are
- Derrick Schembri – II
- Nicole Azzopardi – Into The Fire
- Jessica Muscat – Kaleidoscope
- Miriana Conte – Look what you’ve done now
- Emma Muscat – Out Of Sight
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – Over You
- Jade Vella – REVELACIÓN
- Francesca Sciberras – RISE
- Aidan Cassar – Ritmu
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Serenity
- Enya Magri – SHAME
- Malcolm Pisani – We Came For LOVE
- Rachell Lowell – White Doves
All snippets are available on the Eurovision Song Malta Facebook page as well.
We will probably get a chance to hear the songs on Monday.
The submission window for the Moldovan selection ”Finala națională 2022” will close on the 24th of January 2022.
However, we can discuss some submitted entries.
Greek lyricist Nikos Sofis collaborated with Aaron Sibley on the song “Starlight” which will be performed by Marcela Scripcaru
Nikos has also revealed he will submit another song
Last Monday, NRK revealed the 21 competing acts in the “Melodi Grand Prix 2022”.
The hosts of the show are: Kåre Magnus Bergh, Annika Momrak, and Mikkel Niva:
Semi Final 1 (January 15, 2022)
(Watch Live Performances) (Watch Full Show)
- Eline Noelia – Ecstasy
- Frode Vassel – Black Flowers
- Mira Craig – We Still Here
- TrollfesT – Dance Like a Pink Flamingo
Semi Final 2 (January 22, 2022)
(Watch Live Performances) (Watch Full Show)
- Lilly Löwe – Bad Baby
- Steffen Jakobsen – With Me Tonight
- Farida Louise – Dangerous
- Daniel Lukas – Kvelertak
Semi Final 3 (January 29, 2022)
(Watch Live Performances) (Watch Full Show)
- Mari Bølla – Your Loss
- Oda Gondrosen – Hammer of Thor
- Sturla – Skår i hjertet
- VILDE – Titans
Semi Final 4 (February 5, 2022)
(Watch Live Performances) (Watch Full Show)
- Alexandra Joner – Hasta La Vista
- Maria Mohn – Fly
- Kim Wigaard – La melodia
- Sofie Fellvjang – Made of Glass
Final – Direct-Qualifiers (19th of February 2022)
- Elsie Bay – Death Of Us
- Christian Ingebrigtsen – Wonder of the World
- Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- NorthKid – Someone
- Anna-Lisa Kumoji – Queen Bees
You can read our review for the first semi-final here:
You can find the playlists here:
Polish broadcaster TVP changes plans and puts its efforts towards a national selection “Krajowe Eliminacje 2022“. 10 artists will take part in the selection:
- Ania Byrcyn – “Dokąd” (Where)
- Daria – “Paranoia”
- Emilia Dębska (Mila) – “All I need”
- Karolina Lizer – “Czysta woda” (Eng: Clean water)
- Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chica Toro – “Move”
- Kuba Szmajkowski – “Lovesick”
- Krystian Ochman – “River”
- Lidia Kopania – “Why does it hurt” [represented Poland at Eurovision 2009]
- Siostry Szlachta – “Drogowskazy” (Eng: Signposts)
- Unmute – “Głośniej niż decybele” (Eng: Louder than decibels)
The selection will be held on Saturday, the 19th of February 2022.
The results will be determined by 50% public voting and 50% jury voting
RTP revealed the 2 hosts of the first semi-final in “Festival da Canção 2022“:
Sónia Araújo will host for the 17th time, while Jorge Gabriel will host for the 9th time.
San Marino will probably reveal the shortlisted artists in the emerging artists in “Una voce per San Marino” in the next week.
585 artists submitted a song for selection. 299 of them have received an invitation to audition.
36 artists will take part in the Serbian selection for Eurovision 2022: ”Pesma za Evroviziju ’22”.
The selection will include 3 shows:
- Semi-Final 1: 3rd March 2022
- Semi-Final 2: 4th March 2022
- Grand Final: 5th March 2022
The acts are:
Naiva – Skidam [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Biber – Dve godine i šes’ dana
Marija Mirković – Požuri, požuri
Gift – Haos
Boris Subotić – Vrati mi
Marko Nikolić – Dođi da te volim [participated in ESC 2013]
Vasco – Znaš li
Bane Lalić i MVP – Tu gde je ljubav tu ne postoji mrak
Ivana Vladović i Jovana Stanimirović – Prijaće ti
Marija Mikić – Ljubav me inspiriše
Julija – Brižna
Angellina – Origami
VIS Limunada – Pesma ljubavi
Aleksandar Vuksanović Aca Lukas – Oskar
Igor Simić – Nisam ja [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Goca Tržan – Fitilj
Sanja Bogosavljević – Priđi mi [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Dušan Svilar – Samo ne reci da voliš [participated in “Beosong 2013”]
Srđan Lazić – Tražim te [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Julijana Vincan – Istina i laži
Jelena Pajić – Pogledi
Bojana Mašković – Dama [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Zoe kida (Ana Radonjić) – Bejbi
Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića – Anđele moj
Sara Jo – Muškarčina (Zabranjeno voće) [participated in ESC 2013]
Mia – Blanko
Zejna Murkić – Nema te
Gramophonedzie – Počinjem da ludim
Stefan Zdravković (Princ od Vranje) – Ljubi svog čoveka
Zorja Pajić – Zorja
Lift – Drama [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Konstrakta – Corpore sano
Ivona Pantelić – Znam
Rocher Etno Band – Hajde sad nek’ svak peva [participated in “Beovizija 2020”]
Ana Stanić – Put bez povratka
Euterpa – Nedostaješ
The grand final of “EMA Freš 2022” – the emerging path in the Slovenian selection, will be held on the 28th of January 2022. The results will be determined by 50% public voting and 50% jury voting.
14 artists will fight for 4 spots in the grand final of “EMA 2022“.
- Mia Vučković – Telenovela
- De Liri – Obstajam (Eng: I Exist)
- Jon Vitezič – Jesus Style
- INA – Moj dopamin (Eng: My Dopamine)
- Marijan & Špela – I am so in Love
- Stela Sofia – Tu in zdaj (Eng: Here And Now)
- Leya Leanne – Naked
- Nika S. – Počakaj me (Eng: Wait For Me)
- Katja Kos – Deadly Flower
- Jaka Hliš – Svoje sreče krojač (Eng: Your lucky tailor)
- Anja Vodošek – Maniac
- EMMA – Moja sreča (Eng: My happiness)
- LPS – Disko
- LUMA – All in
The presenters of “EMA Freš 2022” will be: Eva Boto (represented Slovenia at Eurovision 2012), Melani Mekicar, and Arne Međedović:
Reports in Spain reveal that one of the “Unique” band members tested positive for covid
Here’s the semi-finals allocation draw and running order for “Benidom Fest 2022“.
14 artists will participate in the festival. 7 artists will take part in each semi-final, where only 3 artists will qualify for the final.
Semi-Final 1: Wednesday the 26th of January 2022
- Luna Ki – Quiero Morir
- Varry Brava – Raffaella
- Azúcar Moreno – Postureo
- Blanca Paloma – Secreto del agua
- Unique – Mejores
- Tanxugueiras – Terra
- Chanel – Slo mo
Semi-Final 2: Thursday the 27th of January 2022
- Xeinn – Eco
- Marta Sango – Sigues en mi mente
- Javiera Mena – Culpa
- Gonzalo Hermida – Quién lo diría
- Rigoberta Bandini – Ay Mama
- Rayden – Calle de la llorería
- Sara Deop – Make you say
The grand-final will take place on Saturday, the 29th of January 2022
You can the full playlist on different digital platforms here:
You can read our full review here:
According to the official statement made by SVT, “Melodifestivalen 2022” tour around Sweden will be cancelled.
All events will probably take place in Stockholm in front of an audience of 500 people.
“Vidbir 2022″ will be held on the 12th of February 2022.
A total of 284 songs were received. 8 finalists for “Vidbir 2022” will be announced by 24th January 2022.
Among the submitted acts, we can find:
- Hurton – Sobor
- Cloudless (participated in “Vidbir 2020”)
- Ingret (participated in “Vidbir 2018”)
- Michael Soul (participated in Belarussian selections)
- LAURA MARTI – Nezalezhna
- Nazar YA
- Sofia Ivanko – Casino (participated in “Junior Eurovision 2019”)
- Sofia Shanti
- Eria (participated in “Vidbir 2018”) – Mabka
- IDXO – Crazy
- Uliana Royce
- Alina Pash