As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
According to reports in the Italian media, it seems that ticket selling will start in March 2022. Due to the current Covid restrictions in Italy, the PalaOlimpico venue will be at least with capacity of 65%. In general, the venue has a maximal capacity of 13,000 seats. This mean, that around 8,400 fans will be allowed in the venue in each on the shows.
However, there’s a hope that the Covid situation in Italy keeps on improving, so the allowed number of guests in the crows can increase towards the events.
Ronela has worked on the official video clip of “Sekret“. You can see some photos from the video clip:
“Australia Decides 2022” will be held on Saturday, the 26th of February 2022.
Jury show will be held on the day before.
The hosts of the show will be Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey.
The running order has been announced as well:
- G-Nat!on – Bite Me
- Erica Padilla – To The Bottom
- Seann Miley Moore – My Body
- Charley – I Suck At Being Lonely
- Andrew Lambrou – Electrify
- Sheldon Riley – Not the Same
- Paulini – We Are One
- Jaguar Jonze – Little Fires
- Isaiah Firebrace ft. Evie Irie – When I’m With You
- Voyager – Dreamer
- Jude York – I Won’t Need to Dream
The results will be determined by 75% public vote and 25% international jury vote.
The jury panel wimm consist of 5 members:
- Alexandra Rotan – The lead singer of KEiiNO (who represented Norway at Eurovision 2019)
- Darren Hayes – The frontman o the group Savage Garden
- Paul Clarke – Director and Producer
- Emily Griggs – Head of Entertainment, SBS
- Millie Petriella – APRA AMCOS Director Member
Special guests will be KEiiNO:
Full playlists can be found here:
You can read Doron‘s review here:
According to RTBF, the Belgian entry will be released on Thursday, the 10th of March 2022.
The song will be revealed on Vivacité between 8:00 and 9:00 CET.
You can listen to a snippet from the song here:
Last Saturday, Mia Dimšić won “Dora 2022” and therefore has been chosen to represent Croatia at Eurovision 2022
She will perform the song “Guilty Pleasure“:
The full results are:
The running order for “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022” was announced
- Patrick Dorgan – Vinden suser ind (Eng: The wind is blowing in)
- Conf3ssions – Hallelujah
- Der var engang – En skønne dag (Eng: someday)
- Fuld Effekt – Rave med de hårde drenge (Eng: Rave with the tough boys)
- Josie Elinor & Jack Warren – Let me go
- Morten Fillipsen – Happy Go Lucky
- REDDI – The Show
- Juncker – Kommet for at blive (Eng: come to stay)
The selection will take place on the 5th of March 2022
Links for the digital platforms playlist
“UMK 2022” will be held on Saturday, the 26th of February 2022.
7 artists will perform in the following running order:
- The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Isaac Sene – Kuuma jäbä
- Olivera – Thank God I’m an Atheist
- BESS – Ram pam pam
- Younghearted – Sun numero
- Cyan Kicks – Hurricane
- Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa mua
The hosts of the show are Paula Vesala and Miisa Rotola-Pukkila:
The rehearsals snippet can be shown here:
The full playlists can be found on different digital platforms:
The results will be determined by a combination of 25% international jury and 75% public vote.
The jury panel will consist 28 members, 4 of each country:
- 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan
- 🇧🇪 Belgium
- 🇨🇿 Czech Republic
- 🇮🇹 Italy
- 🇩🇪 Germany
- 🇳🇴 Norway
- 🇪🇸 Spain
You can read Doron’s review of the songs here:
The French selection for Eurovision 2022 wil be held next Saturday, the 5th of March 2022.
- SOA – Seule
- Pauline Chagne – Nuit Pauline
- Saam – Il est où ?
- Cyprien Zeni – Ma Famille
- Hélène in Paris – Paris mon amour
- Elia – Téléphone
- Julia – Chut
- Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- Marius – Les Chansons d’Amour
- Joan – Madame
- Elliott – La tempête
- Joanna – Navigateur
You can find the full playlists on the following different digital platforms:
YouTube [Studio versions + Live performances]
YouTube Live Performances
Stéphane Bern & Laurence Boccolini will host the show.
The members of the jury panel will be:
The results will be determined by 2 rounds:
Round 1 – The public will choose 5 songs and another song will be chosen by the jury panel
Round 2 – The resuls will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury voting
The running order for “Germany 12 Points” was annonuced:
- Malik Harris – “Rockstars“
- Maël & Jonas – “I Swear To God“
- Eros Atomus – “Alive“
- Emily Roberts – “Soap“
- Felicia Lu – “Anxiety“
- Nico Suave & Team Liebe – “Hallo Welt“
The Known Details
- The host will be the German spokesperson Barbara Schöneberger
- The televised show will be held on Friday, the 4th of March 2022. It will be held in venue in Berlin
- A total of 944 songs have been submitted for the selection
- The results will be determined by public voting (SMS, online and phone voting).
- Online voting will be available from the 28th of February 2022 until the 4th of March 2022
You can listen the playlists here:
According to unofficial sources, the Greek song might be released on the 4th of March 2022.
Amanda Tenfjord will perform a Indie-pop ballad. The name of the song will probably be “Die Together“
Icelandic broadcaster RÚV will broadcast the first semi-final of “Söngvakeppnin 2022” on Saturday, the 26th of February 2022
5 artists will compete in the first semi-final:
The artists will perform in the following running order:
- Amarosis – Íslenska Útgáfan / Don’t You Know (English Version)
- Stefán Óli – Ljósið / All I Know (English Version)
- Haffi Haff – Gía / Volcano (English Version)
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – Hjartað Mitt / Heart of Mine (English Version)
- Sigga, Beta and Elín – Með Hækkandi Só
2 of them will qualify for the final, based on the public vote.
Björg Magnúsdóttir, Jón Jónsson and Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir will be the hosts
YouTube (Iceland Versions)
YouTube (English Versions)
You can read Doron‘s review here:
The Lithuanian representative Monika Liu has said she will persent a new staging concept for her Eurovision 2022 performance, which will be different from the one we’ve seen in “Pabandom iš naujo 2022“
Last Saturday, Emma Muscat won “MESC 2022“.
The singer will perform “Out of Sight” at Eurovision 2022:
Vladana Vučinić will release her Eurovision 2022 song “Breathe” on Friday, the 4th of March 2022
The Dutch entry for Eurovision 2022 will be released on Thursday, the 3rd of March 2022
Her song will be perfromed in the Dutch language.
Last Saturday, Subwoolfer won “Melodi Grand Prix 2022” with the song “Give that Wolf a Banana“
Different sources suggest that the two behind the mask might be: Ben Adams and Gaute Ormåsen.
Ben Adams is a British singer who was a member of the band A1. The band participated in “Melodi Grand Prix 2010” and ended up in the 2nd place.
In the recernt years, Ben Adams has lived in Norway.
Gaute Ormåsen rose to fame in 2013, when he participated in the “Norwegian Idol“.
In addition, he participated in “Melodi Grand Prix” in the years 2010 and 2013
Krystian Ochman won the Polish selection for Eurovision 2022
He will perform the song “River“:
Next week, Portugal will kick off “Festival da Canção 2022“.
Here is a reminder to the semi-finals line-up
Semi-Final 1 – 5th of March 2022
- Os Quatro E Meia – Amanhã
- TheMisterDriver – Calisun
- Diana Castro – Ginger Ale
- FF – Como É Bom Esperar Alguém
- Norton – Hope
- Aurea – Why?
- Kumpania Algazarra – A Minha Praia
- MARO – saudade, saudade
- Valas & Os Astronautas – Odisseia
- Fado Bicha – Povo pequenino
Semi-Final 2 – 7th of March 2022
- Os Azeitonas – Solta a Voz e Canta
- Cubita – Uma Mensagem Tua
- Inês Homem de Melo – Fome de Viagem
- SYRO – Ainda nos Temos
- Pepperoni Passion – Código 30
- Milhanas – Corpo de Mulher
- O Vampiro Submarino – Ao Lado de Mim
- Jonas – Pontas Soltas
- Blacci – Mar No Fim
- Pongo e Tristany – DÉGRÁ.DÊ
Each semi-final will feature 10 artists – 5 of them will qualify for the final.
The results will be determined by a 50% national jury and a 50% public vote.
The hosts are:
- Sónia Araújo + Jorge Gabriel [Semi-Final 1]
- Tânia Ribas de Oliveira + José Carlos Malato [Semi-Final 2]
- Filomena Cautela + Vasco Palmeirim [Final]
- Inês Lopes Gonçalves [Green Room]
Next Saturday, Romania will hold the final of “Selecţia Naţională 2022“:
- Alex Parker & Erik Frank & Bastien – All This Love
- Andrei Petruş – Take me
- Cream, Minodora ft. Diana Bucsa – România mea (My Romania)
- Petra – Ireligios (Irreligious)
- Kyrie Mendél – Hurricane
- MØISE – Guilty
- Gabriel Basco – One night
- VANU – Never give up
- WRS – Llámame (Call me)
- Dora Gaitanovici – Ana
You can find the playlists here:
Following the invasion of Russia to Ukraine, several countries have called the EBU to suspend Russia from Eurovision 2022, or from the EBU in general. There countries are:
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – The Broadcaster demanded EBU ban Russia‘s membership
- 🇫🇮 Finland – Stated they will withdraw if Russia participate participatein at Eurovision 2022
- 🇪🇪 Estonia – Stated they will withdraw if Russia participates at Eurovision 2022
- 🇸🇪 Sweden – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇳🇱 The Netherlands – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇩🇰 Denmark – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇳🇴 Norway – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇱🇹 Lithuania – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇮🇸 Iceland – The broadcaster required the EBU to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
- 🇱🇻 Latvia – statement of the representatives that calls to prevent Russia from participating at Eurovision 2022
The EBU has released an official statement which says that Russia is expelled from Eurovision 2022
Last Saturday, San Marino held their national selection “Una Voce Per San Marino 2022“.
Achille Lauro won the selection with the song “Stripper“
Serbia will hold its national selecion “Pesma za Evroviziju ’22” in the next week:
Semi Final 1 (March 3, 2022)
- Sanja Bogosavljević – Priđi mi
- VIS Limunada – Pesma ljubavi
- Zorja – Zorja
- Bojana Mašković – Dama
- Boris Subotić – Vrati mi
- Ivona Pantelić – Znam
- Bane Lalić i MVP – Tu gde je ljubav, tu ne postoji mrak
- Angellina – Origami
- Ana Stanić – Ljubav bez dodira
- Julija – Brzina
- Aca Lukas – Oskar
- Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
- Igor Simić – To nisam ja
- Mia – Blanko
- Jelena Pajić – Pogledi
- Biber – Dve godine i šes’ dana
- Marija Mikić – Ljubav me inspiriše
- LIFT – Drama
Semi Final 2 (March 4, 2022):
- Srđan Lazić – Tražim te
- Julijana Vincan – Istina i laži
- Marko Nikolić – Dođi da te volim
- Zoe Kida – Bejbi
- Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića – Anđele moj
- CHEGI & Braća Bluz Bend – Devojko sa plamenom u očima
- Euterpa – Nedostaješ
- Dušan Svilar – Samo ne reci da voliš
- Ivana Vladović i Jovana Stanimirović – Prijaće ti
- Gift – Haos
- Zejna Murkić – Nema te
- Sara Jo – Muškarčina
- Marija Mirković – Požuri, požuri
- Rocher Etno Band – Hajde sad nek’ svak’ peva
- Vasco – Znaš li
- Tijana Dapčević – Ljubi, ljubi doveka
- Gramophonedzie – Počinjem da ludim
- Naiva – Skidam
Full playlists can be found here:
Last Saturday, Slovenia held their national selection “EMA 2022“.
LPS band won with the song “Disko“
The full results:
The band confirmed that the song will be kept in Slovene
Sweden will hold the 4th semi-final of “Melodifestivalen 2022“ on Saturday.
7 artists will take part in the 4th semi-final. You can listen to each snippet by clicking on the suitable red link:
- Anna Bergendahl – Higher Power [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Lillasyster – Til Our Days Are Over [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Malin Christin – Synd Om Dig (Eng: Sorry For You) [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Tenori – La Stella [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- MEDINA – “In I Dimman” (Eng: Into The Fog) [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Angelino – The End [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Klara Hammarström – “Run To The Hills“ [audio snippet] [video snippet]
2 artists will get a direct path to the grand final.
While the 3rd and 4th place will have to wait for the “second chance” round.
all the 3 remaining artists will be eliminated.
The main host of “Melodifestivalen 2022” will be Oscar Zia
Last week, Anders Bagge with “Bigger Than The Universe” and Faith Kakembo with “Freedom” qualified for the final
While, 2 acts will copmete in the second chance round:
Lisa Miskovsky – Best to come
Cazzi Opeia (Moa Carlebecker) – I Can’t Get Enough
We all pray for peace and safety for the people of Ukraine!
Last Tuesday, Ukrainian broadcaster Suspline announced that Kalush Orchestra will represent the country at Eurovision 2022
The band will sing the song “Stefania”
It is worth mentioning that the band ended up in 2nd place in “Vidbir 2022“.
However, the winner Alina Pash chose to remove her canidadicy, due to controversy with the broadcaster (you can more aobut it here)
One of the band requirements was to deliver the transparency of the national selection result.
And indeed here are the full results split:
As we can see, Kalush Orchestra were ranked 3rd in the jury based on:
- Tina Karol – 2nd place,
- Jamala – 3rd place
- Yaroslav Lodyhin – 5th place
As for the public vote, Kalush Orchestra was ranked in the first place with 31,634 votes (44% of public votes), while the second place (Alina Pash) achieved 19,535 votes (27% of public votes)