As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Ronela Hajati gave an interview to Albanian ABC news.
During the interview, she revealed that her staging concept for Eurovision 2022 will be different than the one presented in “Festivali i Këngës 60” and from the video clip.
She will be joined by 4 Italian female dancers on stage.
Ronela has said she aims for the international market, and that the staging won’t be typical of Albanian entries at Eurovision.
The Austrian song for Eurovision 2022 has finally dropped.
You can listen to “Halo” by LUM!X feat. Pia Maria here:
Sheldon will perform at Eurovision 2022 with a different staging concept than the one presented in “Australia Decides 2022“. However, he will still wear a mask at the beginning of the performance
The singer Rosa Linn will represent Armenia at Eurovision 2022.
She will perform a song whose named “Snap“(which will be released on Saturday, the 19th of March 2022).
Here is the official announcement:
Azerbaijan will reveal its song for Eurovision 2022 in the coming days.
Singer Nadir Rustamli will represent the country with an emotional ballad
OGAE Azerbaijan reported that there are 2 Swedish writers behind the song:
- Thomas Stengaard – was the producer behind a number of Eurovision entries: San Marino 2021, Cyprus 2021 and was also a part of the team behind Denmark 2013
- Andreas Stone Johansson – was part of the team behind the Swedish entry for Eurovision 2019 – “Too Latt For Love” by John Lundvik
Jérémie Makiese will perform the mid-tempo pop-soul song “Miss You”:
You can listen to the song here:
Andromache will perform “Ela” At Eurovision 2022
The team behind the song consists of the following members:
Alex P, Arash, Eyelar Mirzazadeh, Fatjon Miftaraj, Filloreta Raci Fifi, Geraldo Sandell, Giorgos Papadopoulos, Robert Uhlmann, Viktor Svensson and Yll Limani.
Alex is a familiar name at the Eurovision scene.
He was involved in composing the following entries: Cyprus (2012, 2018, 2019), Azerbaijan 2009, Greece 2007
Arash represented Azerbaijan as part of a duo at Eurovision 2009
Marvin Dietmann and Dan Shipton will be in charge of staging the song at Turin
Last Saturday, Denmark held its national selection “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022“.
8 artists competed on the right to represent the country.
The winners (that were chosen by the public) are Reddi: Siggy Savery (vocals, keyboards, guitar), Agnes Roslund (guitar), Ida Bergkvist (bass) and Ihan Haydar (drums). They picked 37% of the votes in the super-final:
They will perform the song “The Show“
Last Saturday, France held its national selection – “C’est vous qui décidez 2022“.
The winners were Alvan & Ahez
They will perform the song “Fulenn” in the Breton language:
Circus Mircus band will perform the song “Lock Me In” at Eurovision 2022.
The band members revealed that the video-clip is ready, but it has been decided to postpone it due to the sensitive situation in Ukraine, as an act of solidarity.
You can listen to the song here:
Emilia Sandkvist, a member of the Sacha Jean Baptiste team, will be responsible for the staging of the performance at Turin.
According to rumors, one of the band members is Igor Von Lichtenstein
The winner of “Germany 12 points” is Malik Harris. He will perform the song “Rockstras“:
Amanda Tenfjord has released the song “Die Together“
On Saturday, the 12th of March, 2022, Iceland will hold its national final for Eurovision 2022 – “Söngvakeppnin 2022“.
The Icelandic broadcaster RÚV, revealed in which language each of the 5 finalists will perform in the grand final, as well as at Eurovision 2022 if they are chosen.
Final line-up alongside the chosen version (Note: This is not a running order):
- Sigga, Beta and Elín – Með Hækkandi Sól (Icelandic Version)
- Stefán Óli – Ljósið (Icelandic Version)
- Katla – Þaðan Af (Icelandic Version)
- Reykjavíkurdætur (Daughters of Reykjavík) – Turn This Around (English Version)
- Amarosis – “Don’t you know” (English Version)
- YouTube (Iceland Versions)
- YouTube (English Versions)
- Official Website
- Apple Music
The grand final hosts are Björg Magnúsdóttir, Jón Jónsson and Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir
The results will be determined in 2 rounds:
- Rounds 1 – 50% jury voting and 50% public voting. 5 finalists will perform. The top 2 acts will advance for the second round.
- Round 2 – will be determined by public voting only. 2 acts will compete in this round.
One special guest will be Tusse, who represented Sweden at Eurovision 2021.
The initial plan was to invite Go_A from Ukraine, but due to the complicated situation in Ukraine, they can’t attend
You can read Doron’s review of the songs here
Israel will release a revamped version of “I.M.” by Michael Ben David.
A video clip with the new version will be published on Monday, the 14th of March 2022
The new version will feature a new production, while the main melody and lyrics will remain the same.
The main changes will be the adding of electro keyboards in the last chorus, as well as emphasising the oriental motives.
As we’ve reported before, Emma Muscat, the winner of “MESC 2022“, might compete with a different song at Eurovision. Even though she performed “Out of Sight“, the regulation of the Malteese selection permits her to replace the song:
The singer has spent the last few days in Italy where she is probably working on her new song.
Andrea has released a new version of “Circles,” alongside a brand new clip:
On Saturday, the 12th of March 2022, Portugal will hold the national final for Eurovision 2022
Filomena Cautela and Vasco Palmeirim will host the grand final, while Inês Lopes Gonçalves will be the green room host
The running order for the final night will be:
- Pongo e Tristany – DÉGRÁ.DÊ
- SYRO – Ainda nos Temos
- Milhanas – Corpo de Mulher
- Inês Homem de Melo – Fome de Viagem
- Aurea – Why?
- Os Quatro e Meia – Amanhã
- FF – Como É Bom Esperar Alguém
- Diana Castro – Ginger Ale
- MARO – saudade, saudade
- Pepperoni Passion – Código 30
The results will be determined by a combination of 50% national jury and 50% public vote.
You can find the full playlists here:
The winner of “Selecția Națională 2022” in WRS.
He will perform the song “Llámame“:
Last Saturday, Konstrakta (real name: Ana Đurić) won “Pesma za Evroviziju ’22“.
She will perform the song “In Corpore Sano“
The grand final of “Melodifestivalen 2022” will be held on Saturday, the 12th of March 2022.
Oscar Zia will be the main host
12 artists will perform in the following running order:
- Klara Hammarström – Run to the Hills
- THEOZ – Som du vill
- Anna Bergendahl – Higher Power
- John Lundvik – Änglavakt
- Tone Sekelius – My Way
- Anders Bagge – Bigger than the Universe
- Robin Bengtsson – Innocent Love
- Faith Kakembo – Freedom
- LIAMOO – Bluffin
- Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer
- Cazzi Opeia – I Can’t Get Enough
- Medina – In i dimman
You can find the full playlists here:
The results will be determined by 2 rounds of voting:
- First round of voting
- This round will be determnied by 50% public vote and 50% international jury voting.
- All viewers have five free votes per participant.
- Viewers will only be able to vote during the live performance
- The jury panel will include 8 different countires.
- Second round of voting:
- It will take place after international jury results are revealed
- Once again, viewers have five free votes per participant.
- The public vote will be divided and aggregated by the age groups: televoters, 3 – 9 years old, 10 –15, 16 – 29, 30 – 44, 45 – 59, 60 – 74, and 75+.
- Each voter group will grant 1 – 8 ,10 ,12 points to their top 10.
You can read Doron‘s review here
Marius Bear has been chosen to represent the country
He will perform “Boys Do Cry” at Eurovision 2022:
Sam Ryder has been internally chosen to represent the country.
He will perform the song “Space Man“: