Back on the 16th of December 2021, the Czech Republic was the first country to hold a national selection. In an online national selection “ESCZ 2022“, the band We Are Domi was chosen to represent the country at Eurovision 2022, with the song “Lights Off“.
You can listen to the original version here:
The Czech broadcaster ČT has shared some photos from the preparations of the video clip:
The official video clip was just released:
Main Changes In The New Version
- The song was slightly modified, especially in the production.
- For example, the instrumental part in the introduction was shortened.
- The lead singer removed some of the long notes from the chorus.
- The opening beat at the beginning of the song is now more powerful
- The first live performance of this version could have been found in the guest performance of the band at the Romanian selection for Eurovision 2022 (on the 5th of March 2022)
About We Are Domi
We Are Domi is an electro-pop band formed in the United Kingdom in 2018 and is currently based in Prague, Czech Republic. Members of the band come from the Czech Republic and Norway which can enrich their spectrum of musical taste.
The band suggest a very unique blend of electro and Scandi vibes which result in an alternative-pop sound. The band members are: Dominika Hasek, Casper Hatlestad, Benjamin Rekstad
The Czech Republic will perform in the second half of semi-final 2 of Eurovision 2022 on the 12th of May 2022.
If the Czech Republic qualifies, the country will participate in the grand final on the 14th of May 2022
Follow all the latest Eurovision 2022 news on our homepage