During the week, Israel hosted a wonderful Eurovision promotional event.
23 delegations (including the Israeli one) enjoyed 3 days of staying in Israel.
They stayed in hotels near the lovely beach of Tel-Aviv.
23 artists performed at the live show for Menorah Arena, Tel Aviv:
(Credit: Israel Calling Facebook page)
- 🇮🇱 Israel: Michael Ben David
- 🇦🇱 Albania: Ronela Hajati
- 🇲🇹 Malta: Emma Muscat
- 🇩🇪 Germany: Malik Harris
- 🇷🇴 Romania: WRS
- 🇪🇪 Estonia: STEFAN
- 🇲🇪 Montenegro: Vladana Vucinic
- 🇫🇷 France: Alvan & Ahez
- 🇵🇱 Poland: Ochman
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project
- 🇨🇿 Czech Republic: We Are Domi
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia: Andrea
- 🇭🇷 Croatia: Mia Dimšić
- 🇦🇲 Armenia: Rosa Linn
- 🇮🇪 Ireland: Brooke
- 🇦🇺 Australia: Sheldon Riley
- 🇬🇪 Georgia: Circus Mircus
- 🇱🇹 Lithuania: Monika LIU
- 🇦🇹 Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria
- 🇱🇻 Latvia: Citi Zēni
- 🇲🇩 Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov
- 🇷🇸 Serbia: Konstrakta
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra
The delegations arrived one by one at Ben Gurion airport in Israel.
(Photos by Guy Yehiely)
Some of them spent the day getting to know the sunny cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem:
On Wednesday morning, the artists made their way to Jerusalem.
They were able to hear about the city, as well as the Jewish history and Israeli culture.
Gala Night [ ANU – Museum of the Jewish People]
After a meaningful day, the artists attended the gala night!
The gala night was held at ANU – Museum of the Jewish People, on Wednesday the 6th of April 2022.
ANU – Museum of the Jewish People, tells the story of the Jewish people.
It is positioning itself as a relevant, cutting-edge museum and cultural center, whose relevance and reputation for excellence.
On the rooftop of the museum, we enjoyed the beautiful view of Tel Aviv
At the gala, the delegations were welcomed by journalists, including our very own Doron Lahav.
Welcome, 🇲🇹 Emma Muscat and 🇦🇺 Sheldon Riley:
We Are Domi (🇨🇿 Czech Republic) and Doron Lahav (ESCBEAT):
Kalush Orchestra (🇺🇦 Ukraine)
More photos here:
On Thursday morning, we made our way to the hotel in Tel Aviv, where the artists stayed.
We had the opportunity to hear more about them!
More photos with the participants in the gallery:
Israel Calling – Live Show (Backstage)
On Thursday night, we enjoyed a wonderful live show at the Menorah Arena, Tel Aviv.
All delegations performed live!
The live show opened with the flag parade.
The show was hosted by Shefita
Here is one of tonight’s live performances – Michael Ben David with “I.M.”:
At the beginning of his performance, Michael tells the audience about the terror attack (shooting) that took place in Tel Aviv, a few kilometers from the Arena.
He asks the audience to stand up, as a way to fest life.
Music can unite all people together!
You can enjoy the live performance videos here:
- 🇮🇪 Ireland: Brooke – That’s Rich
- 🇲🇪 Montenegro: Vladana Vucinic – Breathe
- 🇷🇴 Romania: WRS – Llamame
- 🇨🇿 Czech Republic: We Are Domi – Lights Off
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia: Andrea – Circles
- 🇲🇩 Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețul
- 🇦🇲 Armenia: Rosa Linn – Snap
- 🇱🇹 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
- 🇱🇻 Latvia: Citi Zēni – Eat Your Salad
- 🇵🇱 Poland: Ochman – River
- 🇲🇹 Malta: Emma Muscat – I Am What I Am
- 🇩🇪 Germany: Malik Harris – Rockstars
- 🇪🇪 Estonia: Stefan – Hope
- 🇦🇹 Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria – Halo
- 🇦🇱 Albania: Ronela Hajati – Sekret
- 🇬🇪 Georgia: Circus Mircus – Lock Me In
- 🇫🇷 France: Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- 🇭🇷 Croatia: Mia Dimšić – Guilty Pleasure
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- 🇦🇺 Australia: Sheldon Riley – Not The Same
- 🇷🇸 Serbia: Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
- 🇮🇱 Israel: Michael Ben David – I.M
Emmelie De Forest, who won Eurovision 2013 for Denmark, performed the song “Only Teardrops.“
The closing act was Gali Atari with the song “Hallelujah“.
Gali Atari (together with Milk & Honey) represented Israel at Eurovision 1979 with “Hallelujah” and gave Israel its second Eurovision trophy:
Special Thanks – Israel Calling Events
- Tali Eshkoli Productions
- Ron Granot Communication
- Fattal Hotels
- Menorah Arena, Tel Aviv
- ANU – Museum of the Jewish People
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry of Jerusalem and Heritage
- Municipality of Tel Aviv-Yafo.
You can follow the event media channels here:
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage