As part of the hosting package, Italy will suggest Eurovision village – an exciting experience that is meant to present the atmosphere of the international event, as well as to show the culture of Turin to the guests.
Eurovision fans might recall similar events that were held in Lisbon (2018) and Tel Aviv (2019).
So what can we expect from Eurovision village in Italy?
The village will be located in Parco del Valentino.
It will be open between May 7th and May 14th.
The entrance to the village will be free of charge and will have no age limitations.
The village will open its gates each day at 17:00 CEST.
Rosanna Purchia, Deputy Mayor for Culture commented:
Turin is a city full of cultural activities and events. The Eurovision Village celebrates music while respecting the environment. We want to promote the strong artistic vocation of the city to liven up and turn the lights on our territory, in the name of peace. The voice of the youth will be the symbol of hope in our future
Domenico Carretta, Deputy Mayor for Big Events, reacted:
An occasion to live once again in the atmosphere of the Olympic Games of 2006’ – emphasises Domenico Carretta, Deputy Mayor for Big Events. The Eurovillage will be the heart of the Eurovision days with events open to all citizens, in the scenery of the Parco del Valentino, a large space suitable to all the requirements of the Village, including security measures
Detailed Program – Day by Day:
- Saturday, May 7th – Opening day. The theme will be peace and voice against the war. Among the special guests you will be able to find: Turin techno-jazz trio Tun and the Australian musician Dub FX.
- Sunday, May 8th – The theme will be civil rights and to the LGBTQ+ community. Guests will enjoy over 6 hours of live performances. The line-up will include: Karma B, Elasi and Plastica, Cristina D’Avena feat. Gem Boy and more.
- Monday, May 9th – Europe Day. The date indicated is the historical day when Robert Schuman called the European countries to build new relations, after the 2 harmful world wars. The event will feature diplomats and journalists, some of them from Ukraine. The list of artists will include: Melancholia + Little Pieces of Marmelade, Legno and Negrita and more.
- Tuesday, May 10th – Eurovision 2022 Semi-Final 1
- Wednesday, May 11th – This day will be dedicated to Turin’s artistic community. Bandakadabra will be the backing band, they will collab with rappers and hip-hop artists. Motel Connection will take part as well.
- Thursday, May 12th – Eurovision 2022 Semi-Final 2
- Friday, May 13th – This day will be dedicated to world music. The band Sweet Life Society will perform with several artists like Roy Paci, Davide Shorty and more
- Saturday, May 14th – Eurovision 2022 Grand Final
On the 10, 12 and 14th of May, the village will be equipped with Large screens that will allow visitors to watch live shows
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage