It’s the 6th day of rehearsals. 10 countries will have their second rehearsal session today, while the Big 5 will have their first rehearsals.
The press room is open, which means the rehearsals are available for journalists who won’t have the chance to watch the full version of them.
The schedule is as follows:
|Country||Rehearsal Time||Meet & Greet Time|
|Iceland||10:00 – 10:20||11:10 – 11:30|
|Norway||10:25 – 10:45||11:35 – 11:55|
|Armenia||10:50 – 11:10||12:00 – 12:20|
|Finland||11:15 – 11:35||12:25 – 12:45|
|Israel||11:40 – 12:00||12:50 – 13:10|
|Serbia||13:05 – 13:25||14:15 – 14:35|
|Azerbaijan||13:30 – 13:50||14:40 – 15:00|
|Georgia||13:55 – 14:15||15:05 – 15:25|
|Malta||14:20 – 14:40||15:30 – 15:50|
|San Marino||14:45 – 15:05||15:55 – 16:15|
|France||15:35 – 16:05||17:35 – 17:55|
|Italy||16:15 – 16:45||18:15 – 18:35|
|UK||16:55 – 17:25||18:55 – 19:15|
|Spain||17:35 – 18:05||19:35 – 19:55|
|Germany||18:15 – 18:45||20:15 – 20:35|
Note: This post will be updated according to the progress of the rehearsals.
It seems like the kinetic sun has movement limitations. In other words, the motor mechanism should be fixed.
At the moment, it has been decided that the kinetic sun won’t be used in each one of the first rehearsals. The technical team is still working on fixing it.
The limitations are namely on the led screen side of the sun, not the ones with the light.
Take a look at the green room:
#1. 🇮🇸 Iceland: Systur (Sigga, Beta og Elín) – Með hækkandi sól
- The performance is very similar to the one in the national selection.
- One of the sisters wears a red outfit, another sister with a flowery outfit, and the third sister wears a white shirt and blue pants.
- They are accompanied by their brother Eythor on the drums. He wears a white suit.
- Each one of the artists holds a guitar (in a different color) while their brother is on the drums.
- The performance starts with purple cold light, and as the sun rises, we can see them “haunted” in a giant orange sun-shape light. In fact the stage is full of tiny sun-shaped beams.
- The backdrop and the waterfall look like they are set on fire.
- We can see them tilting their bodies in different angles while playing the guitar.
- The waterfall is lightened in orange and gold.
- Vocally, they were excellent including the high notes at the end.
- Towards the end, we could have seen some cloud on the back LED screen.
- Even though the kinetic sun doesn’t move, it still looks impressive with a lot of camera angles and strong light artwork. And yes, we can see the split screen with 3 sisters on each part.
- We can see an artwork on galaxy and stars both on LED backdrop and on the LED floor.
#2. 🇳🇴 Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- The performance is very similar to the one presented in the “Melodi Grand Prix 2022“.
- The Norwegian team includes 6 members on stage: Keith and Jim, with DJ Astronaut and 3 backing female dancers.
- Keith and Jim wore black and white suits.
- The female dancers wear yellow outfits.
- DJ Astronaut will try to engage the audience. He wears a gold suit. He stands next to a spaceship that functionates us DJ cell
- Towards the peak point, we can see fireworks.
- There’s a use of orange and yellow smoke, while the lighting is blue and yellow. But blue color is the dominant in this performance.
- At the beginning, we can hear some pre-recorded backing vocals.
- We can see some words written on the TV screen: “Someone Give That Wolf a Banana” is one of them.
- They dance namely with hand movements.
#3. 🇦🇲 Armenia: Rosa Linn – Snap
- The staging will include a paper-made house.
- This house includes bed, 2 lamps and a couch. Thus gives an intimate and authentic vibe.
- Rosa wore a white outfit, while holding a white guitar.
- At the beginning, Rosa sits on a white bed. She has a microphone stand above the corner of the bed.
- She tears part of the wall and reveals black print lyrics like “The Last One“, “Snap” and a painting of heart.
- The unique set rotates on its own axis, with no relation to the kinetic sun.
- The lighting is in namely blue. But sometimes it is orange as well.
- The second chorus is performed in a higher key
- On one of the walls we can see the date June 22nd, which is the date when the song was written.
- In general, we can see a good camera work.
- Towards the middle of the song, Rosa steps forward through a huge back prop with a hole in the middle. Is is like getting out of bed to the real world. Before she steps into, she tears another layer of paper.
- Vocally, she was accurate.
#4. 🇫🇮 Finland: The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Lauri starts singing with a yellow balloon in his right hand. At this point his coat is open, so we can see his body.
- The band members are wearing yellow wet weather clothing.
- The other members wear yellow-black outfits, and look like human bees. Their shoes are yellow.
- Thereafter, he moves forward to the stage when all the band members are.
- However the drummer is sitting on a black platform in the back.
- We can see a lot of black balloons on the stage (some of them are giant!)
- The try to create a memorable visuals creature, so the lighting is yellow and bold.
- The led screen will suggest suitable strong graphics.
- The final chorus will include smoke jets and fireworks.
- And yes, the lead vocalist Lauri will be shirtless at certain point.
- The kinetic sun is black, and the LED behind is yellow.
- Vocally, we still pray for improvement.
#5. 🇮🇱 Israel: Michael Ben David – I.M
- Michael has 5-7 mirrors on stage.
- The floor is lightened with white light.
- Michael will wear white two-pieces outfit with classic white shoes.
- Michael is accompanied by 4 male dancers that wear white, outfit.
- The dance moves contribute a lot to the general frame of the song and its message.
- The vocal performance is excellent!
- Most of the lighting is red or light red, blue and gray.
- At a specific point, he will be in the center of beaming lights.
- Thereafter the floor has some geometrical shapes
- We have an illustration of 3 dimensional on the floor where Michael and 4 of his dancers move.
- Later on, the floor is pink, red and yellow.
- After the oriental part, Michael is again alone on stage.
- The floor looks like a red tringle with the print “I.M”.
- Most important: Israel has a horizontal LED screen that hides the kinetic sun. Most of the time, they present squares of lights. The colors are orange, white, red, pink and purple (1-2 of them each time).
- He ends the performance while kneeling.
#6. 🇷🇸 Serbia: Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
- The stage is dark at the beginning.
- Konstrakta will be accompanied by 5 backing singers: 3 men and 2 women.
- Konstrakta wears a white uniform, with white ,pink and red flowers in the pocket and a golden cross on the external side of the pocket.
- Her backing singers wear a black-white outfit. They are standing around her in a kind of circle. We can see them do some choreography with towels.
- Her backing singers will have some towels with which they will perform kind of choreography
- Obviously, she will wash her hands on the stage.
- The stage will be equipped with some furniture
- The general concept will be similar to the one presented in the national selection.
- On the led screen we can see a grid with huge 3 dimensional light blue hands that clapping in the chorus.
- The lighting is gold, blue and red.
- We can see a red cross lighting on the screen.
- The waterfall is lightened in blue shiny light.
- On the backdrop LED screen we can see a lot pairs of hands (while being washed or clapping).
- There’s also a water effect on the LED floor.
- The translation of some of the lyrics appear on the Television screen.
- The area under the kinetic sun looks like a yellow-orange-red rainbow.
- Towards the end there is a vivid red light.
#7. 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli – Fade To Black
- Nadir will be having a male dancer with him on stage (Danish dancer Luc Boris André)
- The stage will be designed like stadium bleachers.
- At the beginning, Nadir sits on a platform with a lot camera angles.
- Nadir wears a long kaki – gray shirt with off white pants.
- Afterwards, he lies on the platform while singing. The male dancer lies distant from him.
- The backdrop LED screen shows blue neon lightning as well as character of a guy.
- Later on, he steps on the stage.
- Nadir and the dancer will walk through it together.
- The stadium bleachers will be separated to 2 different pieces, while they are standing on it.
- Thereafter, their paths will split, and they will stand face to face.
- The staging represents the feel of insecure, handling with fears, and eventually winning them all.
- Vocally, he was amazing. The track also includes backing singer with a lower voice.
#8. 🇬🇪 Georgia: Circus Mircus – Lock Me In
- The song starts with a cyan-light blue backdrop LED screen. The same color can be seen on the floor. Thereafter, this color changes to red and once again to the initial one.
- We will able to see the main actor from the video clip on the graphic design on led screen
- The led screen will shows geometric shapes, spirals, and giant black lips as well.
- There are neon lights and a lot of colorful elements
- Victorian circus is one of the main themes.
- The dominant colors are pink, yellow and blue.
- The band members wear colorful costumes.
- The waterfall is shown in a purple neon light.
- One of the members holds a magnet colorful box. This box is opened and shows a tiny a prototype model of their staging with the members on it!
#9. 🇲🇹 Malta: Emma Muscat – I Am What I Am
- Emma will be accompanied by a shiny grand piano on stage, as it states her way as an artist.
- The performance begins with her sitting by the piano.
- She wears a sparkly disco ball dress
- At the second half of the song, Emma moves to the secondary stage, accompanied by 4 dancers (2 male dancers and 2 female).
- The main stage is lightened in while, while the secondary stage celebrate the beauty of gold.
#10. 🇸🇲 San Marino: Achille Lauro – Stripper
- The stage is lightened in a red light at the beginning. We can see an artwork of white finger and hands scratching the screen.
- Achille gets out of a kind of box with the players.
- Achille wears luxury black feather, cowboy’s hat and boots. He also wears a mesh body stocking.
- 2 giant metal cages are part of the staging.
- The performance includes a lot of smoke and pyro.
- At the peak point, one of the guitarists is lying towards the waterfall.
- The bassist is shirtless and his hair painted green.
- Another guitarist’s hair is painted purple. He plays on a guitar in the same color.
- The drummer and one of the guitarists are closed in the cage.
- Towards the end, Achille is riding on a red bull doll.
- The staging is lightened in blue, red and fireworks.
- San Marino utilizes the stage by using the majority of it, including the cat walk.
#11. 🇫🇷 France: Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- Alvan & Ahez brought a professional performance.
- They also brought the female dancer form the national selection.
- They kept the style of traditional outfits in the colors of gold and black.
- They have a black – green platform on stage.
- The lighting is namely green.
- We can see green and turquoise lights on the kinetic sun.
- Towards the end, we can see a focus on Alvan‘s face that gives us a wink to camera.
- They also use pyro, while the waterfall is lightened in green and fire colors.
#12. 🇮🇹 Italy: Mahmood & BLANCO – Brividi
- Blanco won’t attend the arena today, therefore Mahmood will perform with a stand-in singer.
- There is a grand piano on stage.
- The performance includes some smoke as well.
- Mahmood wears a long black leather coat and white framed sun glasses.
- There’s a rich use of lights.
- Sometimes, the lights create king of a blue-purple galaxy.
- The floor is filled in white smoke at a creating point.
- In other cases, we can see a lot tiny white beaming lights, which sometime create too much flash.
- Another advantage of the performance was that ew could barely see the kinetic sun.
#13. 🇬🇧 United Kingdom: Sam Ryder – Space Man
- The UK has brought the record of the biggest prop this year.
- They have a metal structure made up of three enormous wings. These wings are shown in different light like white and gold.
- Sam wears a black outfit with silver decorations.
- At the beginning, Sam stands on a circular platform that is emphasized by lights
- Vocally, it was impressive.
- One surprise is that Sam holds a guitar, probably he will use towards the end of the song.
- The performance also includes a rich camera work.
- Personally, I found some similarities with “Pabandom iš naujo 2022” staging:
#14. 🇪🇸 Spain: Chanel – SloMo
- Chanel outfit permits us to see her left and it is sparkling and includes some decorations. The basis is black with some silver and red.
- She has 3 male dancers and 2 female dancers. All of them wear black.
- Her male dancers show their chest with the outfits they wear. Their shoulders are decorated with silver.
- Chanel has thigh boots.
- The most memorable thing will be the dance movements.
- At a certain point, the background is yellow (made by LED) and in other moments dark purple.
#15. 🇩🇪 Germany: Malik Harris – Rockstars
- Germany will rely on a simple staging concept.
- Malik will namely interact with the audience with a lot of camera angles.
- Malik will be on stage with his guitar, piano and drums.
- In one take he had a white T-shirt, and in the other took a black one. his pants are black.
- The staging is dark with some smoke and circles of light that look like tiny dots or stars.
See you tomorrow with the full report, including coverage of anything that happens on stage, as we will be in the press center.
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage