It’s the 5th day of rehearsals. 14 countries will have their second rehearsal session today.
The press room is open, which means the rehearsals are available for journalists who won’t have the chance to watch the full version of them.
Short video snippets will be available on the official Tik-Tok channel of Eurovision
However, we are here to supply all the details we will have:
The schedule is as follows:
|Country||Rehearsal Time||Meet & Greet Time|
|Albania||10:00 – 10:20||11:10 – 11:30|
|Latvia||10:25 – 10:45||11:35 – 11:55|
|Lithuania||10:50 – 11:10||12:00 – 12:20|
|Switzerland||11:15 – 11:35||12:25 – 12:45|
|Slovenia||11:40 – 12:00||12:50 – 13:10|
|Ukraine||13:05 – 13:25||14:15 – 14:35|
|Bulgaria||13:30 – 13:50||14:40 – 15:00|
|The Netherlands||13:55 – 14:15||15:05 – 15:25|
|Moldova||14:20 – 14:40||15:30 – 15:50|
|Portugal||14:45 – 15:05||15:55 – 16:15|
|Croatia||15:35 – 15:55||16:45 – 17:05|
|Denmark||16:00 – 16:20||17:10 – 17:30|
|Austria||16:25 – 16:45||17:35 – 17:55|
|Greece||16:50 – 17:10||18:00 – 18:20|
Note: This post will be updated according to the progress of the rehearsals.
It seems like the kionetic sun has movement limitations. In other words, the motor mechanism should be fixed.
#1. 🇦🇱 Albania: Ronela Hajati – “Sekret”
- Ronela is shrouded by 4 male shirtless dancers.
- The dance movements looks like something between boxing and self defense. There are also shoulders movements
- In the upbeat outro of the chorus, the dancers are jumping in air.
- Sometimes the stage is little bit dark.
- Ronela and the female dancer move together. They touch each other upper part of body and also their back bottom part of body.
- One of the male dancers, split between them powerfully.
- Towards the end, we have the helicopter hair dance.
- Ronela also stands on top of her dancers.
- The lighting is purple, pink and blue.
- At certain point, the female dancer spreads her legs while lying on the stage.
- Ronela came with her typical blonde hair (without the pink wig).
- Ronela has a different outfit this time. She wears a silver short outfit and on top of this an open white robe.
- The male dancers have a black makeup over the eyes.
- The lights are tested so the provocative scene is little bit dark , not sure if it for censorism.
- The choreography for Albania won’t change!
- At the peak point, she wasn’t accurate vocally, but we are sure she will improve.
- At the last chorus, they all stand in one line, holding each one’s shoulder and dance.
#2. 🇱🇻 Latvia: Citi Zēni – Eat Your Salad
- The performance starts with purple lighting.
- The guys move a lot on the stage, and still sound great
- It is energetic and memorable.
- The floor is lightened in yellow, cyan and red (one color each time).
- They wear colorful suits: yellow, green, white, purple. orange. The lead singer is equipped with sun glasses.
- The drums set is yellow as well, while the 2 guitars are white.
- Towards the end, the lights are in more cold colors.
- The dark kinetic sun doesn’t really damage their performance. The light, charisma and colorful suits distract us quite good.
- In general, the performance resembles “Supernova 2022” performance.
- One of the funny moments came after rehearsals, when the lead singer said: “Kill us…we are not expecting to make it into the finals”.
Citi Zēni presents the price of straddle:
#3. 🇱🇹 Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Monika is with the same dress.
- The stage is namely dark, but with some lighting.
- We can hear pre-recorded backing vocals.
- The lighting is mostly purple. But in the chorus is more orange, while after the chorus and second verse is blue.
- Her make-up is purple as well.
- The performance is simple and charming.
- There is a work of camera angles and we can see her character on the led screen.
- At certain point, the floor has a spinning graphic on it
- It is quite similar to her performance in the national selection.
- For me, it is one of the performance that the kinetic sun damaged.
#4. 🇨🇭 Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
- Probably one of the simplest staging this year.
- There is a LED effect that shows tears on the screen. We can also see a broken heart shape of his face (created by golden light).
- Marius is the center of the staging and the camera focuses on him. Another main element is beaming light that turns around him.
- The light behind him is pink at the beginning.
- Sometimes there is a sparkling light next to him, that even looks like waves.
- We can see part of the clip on a LED screen.
- There’s s special lighting on his face.
- He does some simple hand movements that helps him to tell the story.
- At the peak of the song, he throw the microphone stand.
- The dark staging helps us to see less of this kinetic sun.
- The broken heart shape also appears on the floor (by the helping of LED).
#5. 🇸🇮 Slovenia: LPS – Disko
- LPS members wear classic Bordeaux and dark green suits.
- They brought a giant disco ball to the stage.
- The staging is lightened in the colors of orange, gray, white and pink
- The disco ball is lightened in various colors.
- The lead singer is dancing in the instrumental part.
- The most dominant colors on stage are yellow, gold and orange.
- The lead singer and, keyboard player and 2 guitarists are staging on the stage. The disco ball is behind the lead singer. The drummer is sitting on a high platform (with steps) behind the disco ball
#6. 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- The staging is pretty dark at the beginning.
- They are standing in one line. Before the chorus, we can see shadows of them dancing on the secondary floor.
- Rap singer Oleh Psyuk wears a pink traditional hat, as always.
- One of the band members wears an outfit in the colors of Germany’s flag: black, red, yellow.
- In general, they wear traditional outfits.
- The singer, who sings the chorus, wears a colorful scarf with a hard black jacket on top a white outfit.
- The kinetic sun lights the stage in the colors of the Ukrainian flag: blue and white.
- The scene behind the, is lightened in the orange, yellow and red. He also has red velvet flowers over his head.
- The scene behind them looks like sun that transformed into moon later on.
- We can also see Ukrainian traditional motifs on the screen. They are black, red and white.
- The floor and the LED screen shows different images like transitional Ukrainian shaped.
- The secondary stage shows shadows of the members while the move their bodies form side to side before the chorus.
- In the last chorus, the dancer moves on the floor that presents a huge blue hand. There is also a big pair of blue hands on the backdrop, behind the kinetic sun.
- In the chorus we can see an artwork of golden waterfall behind them.
- There’s a character of a women on the backdrop that cries. Her tears can be seen on the main stage as well, where the band members are allocated.
- The performance ends with blue and yellow lights, like the nation’s flag.
#7. 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
- The performance starts with a split screen. The stage is dark.
- We can see the drummer and the guitarist on each half of the screen.
- The lead singer wears a black hat.
- There is a half ball prop behind them that reflect lights.
- The drummer and the keyboard players are on a low platform with same design as the prop.
- The colors of light are yellow, red and white.
- Towards the end we can see a visual of yellow framed dove on the LED floor.
- It is a polished rock performance, but it feels like not much happening on the stage.
#8. 🇳🇱 Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
- S10 wears a black fancy long jacket. The jacket is cropped on its front side. She also wears white shoes and black pants.
- S10 stands in the center of Rhombus that created kind of smoke columns.
- She also has tiny short black platform which she stands on.
- The staging is quite dark, and the focus in on the performer.
- Behind her, we can observe purple-blue beaming light. The beams moves from side to side during the choruses.
- At the beginning of the second chorus, all the stage is lightened besides her that appears as a black shadow.
- The area under the kinetic sun looks like a yellow sun that rises.
- In the second half of the performance, we can see warm colors in the staging: yellow and etc.
- Towards the end, the step forwards to the secondary stage.
- The last chorus is performed in a higher key, while the camera focuses on her.
- The vocal performance was amazing, and even successful key upgrade
- I think that some of the camera shots should be fixed, as they are too long distant shots.
#9. 🇲🇩 Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețu
- Almost anything happened on stage, this means it is a little bit chaotic and messy.
- They perform on the secondary stage.
- The staging includes a significant mixture of neon lighting and graphics.
- Some of the band members wear white outfits with black prints of train tracks on them.
- Other members wear colorful pants with red shirts
- In the chorus, we can see the band members dancing.
- The waterfall is lightened in yellow light.
- Frații Advahov do some leg moves while playing.
- The lights are colorful: purple, red, yellow and green. sometimes the mixture doesn’t fit.
- We can see some words written on the floor.
- They also have 2 vertical LED screen that shows abstract colorful shapes.
- On the LED screen behind the kinetic sun, we can see drawings of guitars.
- Later on, some of the band members play on the main stage.
- At the peak point, one of the guitarist in lying on the floor.
#10. 🇵🇹 Portugal: MARO – saudade, saudade
- One of the Portuguese delegation members was tested positive to Covid.
- The member will take additional Covid test, and afterwards will perform.
- Eventually, they performed last in the schedule.
- Portugal will use the secondary stage which is allocated just next to the green room.
- Maro is accompanied by 5 female backing vocalists, 2 of them competed in “Festival da Canção 2022“. Maro wore a simple purple one-piece outfit.
- If we have seen properly, Maro this time was accompanied by 4 female backing vocalists. This means that probably one of the backing singers is the one to be tested positive to Covid.
- At the beginning, the stage is dark. The stage behind her is orange.
- The lighting is blue and purple, the floor is fooled with pink – white – gray smoke.
- They are singing in circles, while the led screen shows geometric and colorful shapes
- The staging is based on a lot of camera angles.
- The sun is lightened in a dark cyan color.
- The girls are close to the green room as well.
- We can see the song title “Saudade” written in orange over the LED screen behind the sun.
- There’s a possibility that Portugal will use some smoke machine elements as well
- Maro conquers us with her fabulous voice.
- The atmosphere is chilling.
- Towards the end, the stage behind her is green (upper part) and purple (bottom part)
- The floor of the secondary stage is lightened in blue and there is a tiny circular light that moves between the feet on the girls.
#11. 🇭🇷 Croatia: Mia Dimšić – Guilty Pleasure
- At the beginning, Mia‘s face is lightened in blue, while she is playing her black guitar.
- Mia wears a hot pink flamenco dress, while under she wears a bra of the same color.
- Only one of the male dancers is seen in the first verse.
- The Croatian delegation has tried to utilize the stage’s size.
- She is accompanied by 3 dancers ( 2 male dancers and one female dancer) in order to deliver the message of the song: thinking about someone, while being in a relationship with someone else).
- The female dancer wears a petal pink dress, while the male dancer wear pale pastel color.
- The lighting is shaped like an inner triangle beam. The colors are white, blue, pink and soft yellow.
- The move a lot on stage, and it engages the viewer. Sometimes Mia goes around them. There are moments where Mia goes backwards while one couple of dancers move behind her, and another dancer in frond of her.
- The second part is performed in Croatian, approved by the EBU.
- In order to deliver the message, the dancers almost hold hands but prevent of doing so.
- The floor is mostly lightened in blue.
- This performance was full with sound issues, not on Croatia’s side. In addition, the backing vocals were still in English, while she performed in Croatian.
- Despite all the technical issues, Mia has done her best.
#12. 🇩🇰 Denmark: REDDI – The Show
- The main element of the staging is the use of neon lights. The main colors are blue, red, green and yellow.
- The performance is very similar to the one presented in “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022″
- Towards the end of the chorus, one can see frameworks on the stage.
- It starts emotionally with the lead singer singing it in a ballad-style, and continues to kick rock.
- In the beginning, the lead singer sits by the piano. She wears a dark green velvet outfit. Other members wear: orange velvet outfits. The two others wore brocaded outfits.
- Towards the end, we can hear a key-change.
- The name of the band is written on the LED screen.
- Vocally, the lead singer was on point.
#13. 🇦🇹 Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria – Halo
- The main element is a huge circular neon lighting that surrenders the duo.
- LUM!X wears a sparkling black jacket with a shiny black t-shirt beneath.
- Pia Maria wears a two-piece outfit: it is silver on the top and black on the bottom.
- Pia Maris is with hair tie and beautiful make-up.
- The circular neon is shown under silver, red and blue lights.
- The performance included flames and smoke jets.
- It sounds like she gets a massive support of backing vocals..
- The lighting is based on purple beam light
- LUM!X plays on a black DJ bath.
- LUM!X claps and tries to list up the audience.
- In one part of the performance we can see half of the stage lightened in blue, while the other half is lightened in red.
- Towards the end, you can tell the the high note was challenging for her.
#14. 🇬🇷 Greece: Amanda Tenfjord – Die Together
- Amanda wears a white silvery dress.
- The performance starts with focus on Amanda’s eyes.
- Her face will be seen in multiple angles.
- We will have some virtual visuals in blue color.
- Amanda is bare-foot
- The first part relies on acoustic singing with backing vocals. One can’t believe it is live, but it is!
- The background (backdrop) is blue and we can see empty broken blue chairs. At certain point it will look like the chairs are melting on the floor (with the help of light on the floor).
- The Greek delegation has also brought one vertical LED screen that presents 2 characters dancing.
- In the second verse, it will be revealed that she was sitting on a chair. She will move forward.
- The visuals will slowly decay as she closes her eyes. This means that she has had a dream.
- The atmosphere is dramatic and fascinating.
- She knelling in the bridge and then stands Towards the end she steps to the corner of the stage, where she gives us amazing vocals.
See you tomorrow with the full report, including coverage of anything that happens on stage, as we will be in the press center.
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage