Earlier today, Italian broadcaster Rai confirmed “Fetival Di Sanremno 2023″.
Most of the time, the traditional festival is used as the country’s mechanism to choose a song and an artist for Eurovision. However, we can count some exceptions, like in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
“Fetival Di Sanremno” will celebrate its 73rd edition in 2023.
You can already book your calanders: The festival will be held between 7th of February 2023 and 11th of February 2023.
As always, the festival will last for 5 nights, where the final night (Saturday night) will be the time when the winner will be announced.
Amadeus will be the artistic director and conductor for the 4th time in a row.
According to Italian media, he has already started working on bringing the most interesting names in the Italian music industry to the festival.
“The goal is to have a longer preparation time available to transfer an exciting story of today’s Italian music from the Ariston stage to the homes of viewers, giving voice to new talents and already established artists. The cast, also based on the musical proposals that will arrive at me, will be chosen, as always, giving weight to the value of the songs and their potential compared to the market, with particular attention to their ‘radio appeal’.”
A total of 25 artists will compete in the festival. 22 of them will be established Italian musicians, while 3 others will be chosen via the path for newcomers – “Sanremo Giovani 2022″ that will be held in December 2022. The 3 newcomers will have to perform a brand new song at “Festival Di Sanremo 2023” (in particular: a different song than the one presented in “Sanremo Giovani 2022″).
The 4th night of the festival will be dedicated to traditional music.
Each of the competitors will have to cover a song from the range repertoire of the 1960’s – 1990′ music. However, they won’t perform it alone, but as a duet with another artist that will be chosen by them. Both the duet partner and the cover song should be approved by Amadeus.
As always, the results of the festival will be determined by:
- Public voting (SMS and televote)
- The professional jury – composed of 150 journalists from the web, radio, print, TV and press room.
- Demoscopic jury – composed of 300 people.
- In the first 2 nights, the professional jury will vote and will carry out its vote by dividing itself into three independent components: a third for TV and print media, a third for the radio and a third for the web jury.
- On the 3rd night, the vote will be composed of 50% of public voting and 50% for the Demoscopic jury
- On the last 2 nights, the voting will be divided into three parts: 34% for the public voting, 33% for the the professional jury y and 33% for the Demoscopic jury.
Mahmood and Blanco represented Italy at Eurovision 2022 with the song “Brividi”.
They ended up in 6th place in the final:
Which artists are on your wishlist for “Festival Di Sanremo 2023″?