As we have previously reported, Israel selects an artist for Eurovision 2023 via a professional committee,
Earlier today, the professional committee representatives has met.
As reported by the national broadcaster Kan, They raised the names of 78 potential Israeli artists.
The list of artists included artists who were nominated as best singer, groups and songs for the years 2019-2021, as well as the most streamers artists on the Israeli radio and TV.
Thereafter, each member of the committee mentioned his top 2 favorites out of these 78 artists.
Eventually, they ranted the 20 artists by priority.
And the chosen artist in the famous pop singer Noa Kirel.
The professional committee included 10 members, 5 of them are the national broadcaster’s representatives :
- Yossi Gispan (composer)
- Eden Darso (Israeli rapper and composer)
- Avia Frachi (MTV Israel Editor)
- Leon Feldman (Radio host)
- Yuval Cohen (director of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019)
- Ofri Gopher (The chief producer, Kan)
- Kobi Nussbaum (Director of culture, Kan)
- Sharon Drix (Content Editor , Kan)
- Tali Katz (musical editor , Kan)
- Tal Argaman (musical editor , Kan)
About Noa Kirel
Noa Kirel is a 21 year-old Israeli singer and actress.
She rose to fame in 2015, after releasing the hits “מדברים” (Eng: Talking) and “Killer”.
In November 2017, she represented Israel in the MTV music awards.
Her main music style is upbeat pop with influences of light middle-east pop, R&B, and electro.
At the mean time, you can listen to some of her biggest hits:
We will probably get a banger from Israel in Eurovision 2023, delivering high energies and catchy beat.
This is the first time Israel chooses an artist internally, since 2014.