Greek broadcaster ERT has announced the selection process for Eurovision 2023.
As in previous years, the national broadcaster will select both the song and the artist internally.
The invitation is mainly for established labels in the Greek music industry.
The regulations for the Eurovision 2023 selection process:
- The submission window opened on the 26th of August 2022 and will close on Sunday, the 9th of October 2022.
- Each proposal should include an artist or a group (with a maximum of 6 members) and up to 3 original songs.
- Each proposal should include a vision for the promotion of the song and for the artistic and creative part.
- Artists must avoid competing simultaneously in any other procedure of selection process for another country.
- Submissions will be sent to this email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In recent years, Greece has relied on diaspora artists, like Stefania in 2020 and 2021 (Greek lives in The Netherlands) and Amanda Tenfjord (Greek lives in Norway).
Can we get another diapora artist?
Will a male singer be selected for the first time in many years?
Greece has finished in top 10 in the 2 last occasions. Will it be the same in 2023?
Amanda Tenfjord represented Greece at Eurovision 2022 with the song “‘Die Together“.
She finished in 8th place, picking up 215 points