Romanian broadcaster TVR published the regulations for “Selecția Națională 2023” and opened the submission window.
Here are the main details:
- The submission window will open on the 14th of November 2022 and will close on the 11th of December 2022.
- Submissions will be made through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreign writers and composers are welcome to submit entries as well.
- There is an option to send a song without assigning a performer (submission will be sent with a studio performer). In this case, TVR can match a singer to the song (that will be accepted by the creators of the song).
- TVR will choose a professional jury that will consist of up to 7 members.
- The professional jury will rank the songs based on auditions that will be held between the 14th and 16th of December 2022.
- Each jury will rath about the performances in the range of 1-10, without knowing who the writer, producer and composer is behind the song.
- The criteria to judge the songs will be:
- Musical form of the song, following the development of the melodic theme, the harmonization, rhythmic-melodic elements that give an appropriate musical construction
- Orchestral arrangement
- Creativity and originality of the themes,
- Stylistic diversity of the pieces;
- Lyrics and the message of the song (no political or violent messages will be transmitted and the use will not be accepted)
- Sound quality, construction and development of the song
- interpretation of the song in relation to its theme,
- The 12 acts that will get the highest ranking will qualify for the final.
- The final of “Selecția Națională 2023″ will be held on the 11th of February 2023.
- The final results will be determined by 100% public vote.
- The performer must be at least 16 years old on grand final day.
WRS represented Romania at Eurovision 2022 with the song “Llámame“
He finished in 18th place in the final:
What do you think about the concept of the Romanian selection?
Do you believe giving the power to the public will help the country in the contest?
Which artists would you like to see competing in the national selection?
(Cover image credit: Adrian, Eurovision Romania)