According to Croatian magazine jutarnji, 196 songs were submitted for “Dora 2023“.
The submission window for “Dora 2023” was closed on the 20th of November 2022.
The vast majority of the songs were submitted within the last days of the deadline.
Among the artists that have submitted entries, we can find several former Eurovision participants who represented Croatia or Yoguslavia, as well as “Dora” participants. from the past.
- Daniel Popović (Eurovision 1983)
- Igor Cukrov (Eurovision 2009)
- Damir Kedžo (Eurovision 2020)
- Vlatka Pokos (Dora 2006)
- Ibrica Jusić (Dora 2004 – 2008)
- Dražen Žanko (Dora 1993, 1997, 2009, 2010)
- Siniša Vuco
- Željko Krušlin Kruška
This is the largest number of entries submitted for “Dora“. For comparison, since the return of “Dora“, the number of submitted entries were:
- “Dora 2019”- 166 songs
- “Dora 2020”- 181 songs
- “Dora 2021”- 140 songs
- “Dora 2022”- 184 songs
- “Dora 2023”- 196 songs
“Dora 2023” – What’s Next?
- HRT will shortlist a maximum of 28 songs to participate in “Dora 2023”
- The songs will be chosen by a combination of HRT employees, professional jury and Eurovision fans.
- The exact format will be determined by January 2023.
- “Dora 2023” will be held in February 2023, in the city of Opatija.
- HRT’s intention is to hold 2 semi-finals and a final.
- The number of acts that will qualify for the final will be between 10 and 16.
- The winner of “Dora 2023” will be determined by a combination of national jury and public vote.
Tomislav Štengl, Head of Delegation for Croatia, commented:
“We decided to invite the fans and the representatives of their associations so that their thinking would come to the fore when choosing the songs. We wish to demystify the judge himself, because every year there are comments that some good songs did not pass or that the jury made a bad selection, and we believe that the participation of fans can contribute to greater credibility of the work of the jury.”
Mia Dimšić represented Croatia at Eurovision 2022 with the song “Guilty Pleasure“.
She finished in 11th place in semi-final 1.
Who will be the artists who will participate in “Dora 2023“?
Do any of the former Eurovision representatives have a chance to win “Dora 2023“
Would a change in the format help Croatia improve its achievements in Eurovision?