For the first time since 2016, Belgium selected an artist and a song for Eurovision via “Eurosong”.
7 artists competed in the final:
- Hunter Falls – Ooh La La
- Chérine – Ça m’ennuie pas
- The Starlings – Rollercoaster
- Ameerah – The Carnival
- Gustaph – Because Of You
- Gala Dragot – t ‘inquiète
- Loredana – You Lift Me Up
The results were determined by a 50% professional jury and a 50% public vote.
15 music experts were included in the professional jury panel and these are:
- Laura Tesoro (Belgium, Eurovision 2016)
- Jérémie Makiese (Belgium, Eurovision 2022)
- NikkieTutorials (Host Eurovision 2021, The Netherlands)
- Alexander Rybak (2009 Eurovision winner, Norway)
- Laura Govaerts (Presenter MNM)
- Ann Reymen (Presenter Radio 2)
- Korneel De Clercq (Presenter Radio 1)
- Thibault Christiaensen (Presenter Studio Brussels)
- Francisco Schuster (Actor, singer, dancer)
- Leslie Cable (Head of Delegation Eurovision Song Contest RTBF)
- Jasper Van Biesen (Songfestival.be and author 65 years of Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest )
- Stephan Monsieur (President OGAE Belgium)
- André Vermeulen (Retired VRT journalist)
- Els Germonpré (Music Coordinator One)
- Manu Lammens (Music manager MNM)
The jury voted as follows:
Gala Dragot was the jury’s first place.
one point behind her, was Cheine
After adding the public vote:
The Starlings led the public vote, but due to lack of support from the jury, they didn’t win.
Gala, who won the jury vote, ended up in 3rd place with the public.
Therefore, Gustaph is the winner of the selection!
Gustaph will represent Belgium at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Because of You”