ERT holds an internal selection for Eurovision 2023.
106 songs were submitted this year.
In the first phase, a professional committee listened to the songs and shortlisted 7 of them:
- Leon of Athens – Somewhere to Go [upbeat dance-pop with influences of the 1980’s music]
- Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragkou – Shout Out! [pop/rock uptempo]
- Konstantina Iosifidou – We are Young [a pop rock song]
- Klavdia – Holy Water [melodic ballad with significant lyrics]
- Monika – I’m Proud [mid-tempo song]
- Victor Vernicos – What They Say [an emotional ballad]
- Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar [dance pop that talks about women’s empowerment]
A total of 70 people from the public were chosen, with the following composition:
- 25 people from the age of 18-25 years old
- 20 people from the age of 26-35 years old
- 15 people from the age of 36-45 years old
- 10 people from the age of 46+ years old
They functioned as an additional jury panel.
The Greek entry for Eurovision 2023 will be chosen by a combination of 50.6% for the dermoscopic jury and 49.4% for the professional jury (composed of 7 members).
The aim of these weights is to make it similar to the new voting system of Eurovision 2023.
In the public vote, we will have an additional country – “The rest of the world”
And now it is time to reveal the top 3 artists, based on the combined results.
The news was revealed on Proian Se Eidon Tin Mesimvrian show:
#1. Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragkou – Shout Out!
Antonia is “The Voice of Greece” alumni. She submitted 2 songs for selection, one as a solo performer and the second as a collaboration with Maria Maragkou.
Maria Maragkou is an actress and singer, who has mainly released covers.
They submitted an uplifting pop-rock song
You can listen to songs by them:
#2. Victor Vernicos – What They Say
Victor Veronics is a 16-year-old singer-songwriter.
The singer has Danish roots.
His song for Eurovision 2023 is an emotional ballad.
You can listen to another song from him:
#3. Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar
Melissa Mantzoukis is an 18-year-old Greek singer.
She is well known for participating in the German music reality show – “Deutschland sucht den Superstar” where she ended 3rd in the final.
Dimitris Kontopoulos from the Geek Dream team is one of the composers of her song.
Her song for Eurovision 2023 is a dance-pop that talks about women’s empowerment.
Meanwhile, you can listen to “Someone to You“, one of her songs.
The Greek artist for Eurovision 2023 will be revealed by the end of the month.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage