Sweden will select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2023 via “Melodifestivalen 2023“.
The selection will last for 6 Saturdays in a row:
Started on Saturday, the 4th of February 2023, and ending on the 11th of March 2023.
This Saturday, we will be able to watch the 3rd heat.
Heat 3 Snippets
You can listen to each one of the snippets by clicking on its name:
- Paul Ray – Royals [audio snippet]
- Casanovas – Så Kommer Känslorna Tillbaka
(Eng: So The Feelings Come Back) [audio snippet]
- Melanie Wehbe – For The Show [audio snippet]
- Nordman – Släpp Alla Sorger (Eng: Let Go of All Sorrows) [audio snippet]
- Laurell – Sober [audio snippet]
- Ida-Lova – Låt Hela Stan Se På (Eng: Let The Whole Towe Watch) [audio snippet]
- Marcus & Martinus – Air [audio snippet]
Melodifestivalen 2023″ – Known Details
- “Melodifestivalen 2023” dates and locations are:
1 – 4th of February 2023, will be held in Gothenburg. Heat 2 – 11th of February 2023, will be held in Linköping.
- Heat 3 – 18th of February 2023, will be held in Lidköping.
- Heat 4 – 25th of February 2023, will be held in Malmö.
- Semi-Final (Second Chance) – 4th of March 2023, will be held in Örnsköldsvik.
- The Grand Final – 11th of March 2023, will be held in Stockholm
- 28 songs will be part of the line-up, and 7 songs will be performed in each heat.
- 2 artists will qualify directly from each heat for the final
- The 8 artists who will end up in 3rd and 4th place in the heats will compete in the semi-final. 4 of them will qualify for the final.
- Therefore, 12 artists will compete in the final.
- The results in the grand final will be determined by a combination of a 50% public vote and 50% international jury.
- Jesper Rönndahl and Farah Abadi will host the shows.
Sweden will participate in the second half of Semi Final 1 on 9th May 2023 in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage